AFK Leveling with Training Dummies becomes available once your character reaches level 50.
You must also have 1 million silver for each hour.
Purchase Book of Training:
- Book of Training – Combat (1/3/5/10 Hour)
- Book of Training – Skill (1/3/5/10 Hour)
You can use both books at the same time.
AFK Leveling is a slower way to level, but still helpful when you can’t grind or quest.
AFK LEVELING TIP: Now you can go love and hug someone today in real life! 🙂 I have found it a bit awkward hugging IRL while gaming… It’s possible, just not recommended.
Training Dummy (Scarecrow) Locations
Training Dummies are located in all major cities, next to NPC’s with the title <Black Spirit’s Training>.
Training Dummy Locations:
- Calpheon City
- Valencia City
- O’draxxia (NPC name is Hiznak instead of Jamey)
The most popular locations are Velia and Heidel. If you are having trouble finding an empty Training Dummy, switch channels or try a different city.
Jamey Drucker <Black Spirit’s Training>
Location: most major cities
AKA: AFK Leveling NPC
Training Dummy Location Maps
You can do an NPC search for “Spirit’s Training” to find all Training Dummy locations.
How to AFK Level
Step by Step:
- Locate NPC by typing “Spirit’s Training” into the NPC Search. (top right search icon)
- Purchase a Book of Training (1/3/5/10 Hour) for Combat and/or Skill Exp
- Right Click the Books of Training you want to stack exp for. Time will be added instead of replaced.
- Approach a Training Dummy NPC called “Scarecrow” and press R to interact
Every 3 minutes, you will get Combat and/or Skill EXP.
Right click Combat Exp buff items at any time before/during AFK Leveling.
Training Dummy is an NPC called, “Scarecrow.” Press R key to start AFK Leveling.
Training Dummy Doesn’t Work
If the Training Dummy isn’t working, make sure of the following:
- You are not in a party.
- You have a main weapon or sub weapon equipped.
- You have the Book of Training icon on your buff list at the top of the screen. (details below)
Book of Training Time Left
After right clicking a Book of Training in your inventory, you will see an icon appear. This means you can use a Training Dummy.
Hover over the book icon with your mouse, and it will show the time you have left.
Training Dummy Experience, Time, & Costs
- AFK Leveling costs 1 million silver per hour.
- Your weapons will not degrade, so there are no repair costs.
- Minimal Pet Feed costs because pets with Combat Exp do not have to be fed, but they do need to be out of the stable.
|Book of Training||Book Price|
|Book of Training – Combat (1 Hour)||1,000,000 silver|
|Book of Training – Combat (3 Hour)||3,000,000 silver|
|Book of Training – Combat (5 Hour)||5,000,000 silver|
|Book of Training – Combat (10 Hour)||10,000,000 silver|
Training Dummy experience per hour depends upon your current level and combat or skill exp buffs.
You can greatly decrease leveling time by using items and methods to increase combat/skill experience. Combat Exp Guide
Combat Experience (without buffs)
|Level||EXP/Hour||Hours to Level||Days to Level||Silver/Level|
|56 to 57||1.92%||51.56||2.14||52 million|
|57 to 58||1.16%||85.34||3.55||86 million|
|58 to 59||0.62%||159.67||6.65||160 million|
|59 to 60||0.32%||309.37||12.89||310 million|
|60 to 61||0.15%||660||27.5||660 million|
|61 to 62||0.050%||1,934||81.58||1,934,000,000|
|62 to 63||0.040%||2,475||103.12||2,475,000,000|
Getting from level 61 to 62 will cost 1.9 billion silver and take about 2.7 months without buffs.
Skill Experience (without buffs)
|Skill Points||EXP/Hour||Hours to Level||Silver/Level|
|Below 600||500%||0.198||1 million|
|Below 1000||150%||0.66||1 million|
|1000 to 1300||120%||0.83||1 million|
|1300 to 1450||120%||0.83||1 million|
|1450 to 1600||50%||2||2 million|
|1600 to 1700||50%||2||2 million|
|1700 to 1750||40%||2.5||3 million|
|1750 to 1800||38%||2.63||3 million|
|1800 to 1850||20%||5||5 million|
|1850 to 1900||20%||5||5 million|
Getting 1 Skill Point at 1800 SP takes close to 5 hours without buffs.
Credits: Thank you Jannanomana’s [Data Collecting] AFK Training results forum post for the data on exp per hour. It is still viewable on a web archive.
AFK Leveling Tips
- Use items that buff combat exp. Extra combat/skill exp buffs and items will increase the exp received and decrease the time needed for leveling.
- If you are a Season Character, make use of Season Server’s extra combat exp buffs. New players can use Olvia servers.
- Extend AFK leveling time by using another Book of Training before time runs out.
- There is a leveling cap of 99% of your current level.
- You can use “Book of Training – Combat” and “Book of Training – Skill” at the same time.
- Have a main weapon or sub-weapon equipped.
- Leave your party. Combat Exp does not share. You will be unable to interact with the training scarecrows, if you are in a party or platoon.
- If you disconnect or start AFK training during maintenance, you will loose any time lost.