AFK Leveling with Training Dummies becomes available once your character reaches level 50. Begin by purchasing a Book of Training from an NPC for 1 million silver per hour.
Purchase Book of Training:
- Book of Training – Combat (1/3/5/10 Hour)
- Book of Training – Skill (1/3/5/10 Hour)
You can use both books at the same time.
AFK Leveling is a slower way to level, but still helpful when you can’t grind or quest.
AFK LEVELING TIP: Now you can go hug someone in real life! It’s a bit awkward hugging IRL while gaming…
Training Dummy (Scarecrow) Locations
Training Dummies are located in all major cities, next to NPC’s with the title <Black Spirit’s Training>.
Training Dummy Locations:
- Calpheon City
- Valencia City
- O’draxxia (NPC name is Hiznak instead of Jamey)
The most popular locations are Velia and Heidel. If you are having trouble finding an empty Training Dummy, switch channels or try a different city.
Jamey Drucker <Black Spirit’s Training>
Location: most major cities
AKA: AFK Leveling NPC
Training Dummy Location Maps
You can do an NPC search for “Spirit’s Training” to find all Training Dummy locations.
How to AFK Level
Step by Step:
- Locate NPC by typing “Spirit’s Training” into the NPC Search. (top right search icon)
- Purchase a Book of Training (1/3/5/10 Hour) for Combat and/or Skill Exp
- Right Click the Books of Training you want to stack exp for. Time will be added instead of replaced.
- Approach a Training Dummy NPC called “Scarecrow” and press R to interact
Every 3 minutes, you will get Combat and/or Skill EXP.
Use your Combat Exp buff items before you use the Scarecrow. (A few items, like food, can be used during AFK leveling.)
Training Dummy is an NPC called, “Scarecrow.” Press R key to start AFK Leveling.
Training Dummy Doesn’t Work
If the Training Dummy isn’t working, make sure of the following:
- You are not in a party.
- You have a main weapon or sub weapon equipped.
- You have the Book of Training icon on your buff list at the top of the screen. (details below)
Book of Training Time Left
After right clicking a Book of Training in your inventory, you will see an icon appear. This means you can use a Training Dummy.
This buff is shared across all of your family and does NOT disapear if you switch to an alt character.
Hover over the book icon with your mouse, and it will show the time you have left.
Training Dummy Experience, Time, & Costs
- AFK Leveling costs 1 million silver per hour.
- Your weapons will not degrade, so there are no repair costs.
- Minimal Pet Feed costs because pets with Combat Exp do not have to be fed, but they do need to be out of the stable.
|Book of Training||Book Price|
|Book of Training – Combat (1 Hour)||1,000,000 silver|
|Book of Training – Combat (3 Hour)||3,000,000 silver|
|Book of Training – Combat (5 Hour)||5,000,000 silver|
|Book of Training – Combat (10 Hour)||10,000,000 silver|
Training Dummy experience per hour depends upon your current level and combat or skill exp buffs.
You can greatly decrease leveling time by using items and methods to increase combat/skill experience. Combat Exp Guide
Combat Experience (without buffs)
|Level||EXP/Hour||Hours to Level||Days to Level||Silver/Level|
|56 to 57||1.92%||51.56||2.14||52 million|
|57 to 58||1.16%||85.34||3.55||86 million|
|58 to 59||0.62%||159.67||6.65||160 million|
|59 to 60||0.32%||309.37||12.89||310 million|
|60 to 61||0.15%||660||27.5||660 million|
|61 to 62||0.050%||1,934||81.58||1,934,000,000|
|62 to 63||0.040%||2,475||103.12||2,475,000,000|
Getting from level 61 to 62 will cost 1.9 billion silver and take about 2.7 months without buffs.
Skill Experience (without buffs)
|Skill Points||EXP/Hour||Hours to Level||Silver/Level|
|Below 600||500%||0.198||1 million|
|Below 1000||150%||0.66||1 million|
|1000 to 1300||120%||0.83||1 million|
|1300 to 1450||120%||0.83||1 million|
|1450 to 1600||50%||2||2 million|
|1600 to 1700||50%||2||2 million|
|1700 to 1750||40%||2.5||3 million|
|1750 to 1800||38%||2.63||3 million|
|1800 to 1850||20%||5||5 million|
|1850 to 1900||20%||5||5 million|
Getting 1 Skill Point at 1800 SP takes close to 5 hours without buffs.
Credits: Thank you Jannanomana’s [Data Collecting] AFK Training results forum post for the data on exp per hour. It is still viewable on a web archive.
AFK Leveling Tips
- Use items that buff combat exp. Extra combat/skill exp buffs and items will increase the exp received and decrease the time needed for leveling.
- If you are a Season Character, make use of Season Server’s extra combat exp buffs. New players can use Olvia servers.
- Extend AFK leveling time by using another Book of Training before time runs out.
- There is a leveling cap of 99% of your current level.
- You can use “Book of Training – Combat” and “Book of Training – Skill” at the same time.
- Have a main weapon or sub-weapon equipped.
- Leave your party. Combat Exp does not share. You will be unable to interact with the training scarecrows, if you are in a party or platoon.
- If you disconnect or start AFK training during maintenance, you will loose any time lost.