BDO Bartali Sailboat was given new life with the Great Expedition update. It is no longer a temporary Great Ocean sailing ship. This is the first low tier ship that allows you to hunt sea monsters and use Sailors.
It’s greatest benefit is that it’s very easy to obtain via NPC vendor or quest. (But don’t expect it to out-perform higher tier ships like Epheria Sailboat.)
- can upgrade to Epheria Sailboat/Frigate (View our Bartali Sailboat Upgrade Guide)
- Slow Speed & Acceleration (80%)
- only 3 Inventory, but could be worse! 🙁
- you can use Sailors (10 Cabins)
- repairable at a <Wharf Manager> (Bartali Sailboat doesn’t have a Lifespan that expires.)
- Allows auto-path/Auto Loop (unlike Cog Ship)
- Can increase stats via ship parts (purchase at Falasi in Port Epheria. Enhance with Black Stones)
Top Image Credit: resolve
Bartali Sailboat Stats:
Ration: 1,000,000 (repairable)
Durability: 700,000 (repairable)
Weight Limit: 2,000 LT
Buy price: 10,000,000 Silver
Can obtain via main Sailing quest also
Able to use Ship Skills and take advantage of Sail folding in bad weather.
- Main Sailing Quest Requirement: level 50+
- Main Sailing Quest Line:
- Look for a quest window heading called “[The Great Expedition] Oquilla’s Eye” under the Main tab of your quest window (O).
- To access the quest, speak to Black Spirit (,) and click on Quests > Main tab.
- Main Sailing Quest Line Start:
– Vigorous Velia
Bartali Sailboat vs. Cog Ship Comparison
The Bartali Sailboat is better suited for battle and barter/trade. But, it is also much slower than the Cog ship.
Cog Ship is very fast in good wind and somewhat easy to obtain, but it can’t be upgraded and it’s also temporary. It has a limited Lifespan, after which, you must sink it.
Cog ship is obtained via barter, crafting, and the main sailing quest.
View our Epheria Cog Ship Guide.
Cabins: 0 Sailor room
Durability: 100,100 (repairable)
Lifespan: 500,000 (not repairable)
Weight Limit: 1,080.00 LT