BDO Courser Skills are 7 horse skills required in order to create a Dream Horse, but there are other benefits of obtaining a Courser.
- roughly 3 to 4 times more Horse Market sell value than a normal horse
- potentially earn more horse skills from breeding.
- start the T8 Awakening to obtain a Dream Horse
Coursers have a gold horse head icon inside the horse info window.
The image shows a Courser horse on the right side vs a normal horse, without a gold icon.
BDO Courser Skills are required in order to start T8 horse awakening.
T8 Courser Skills:
- Instant Accel
- S:Instant Accel
Each horse tier has their own requirement for Courser. The more tiers your horse has, the more skills are required.
Courser Skill Requirements by Tier
|Tier||Required Horse Skills for Courser|
|1 & 2||
|3 & 4||
Charge / Drift
|5 & 6||
Charge / Drift / Sprint
Charge / Drift / Sprint / Instant Accel / Sideways
Charge / Drift / Sprint / Instant Accel / Sideways / S:Instant Accel / S:Sideways
To view a detailed list of horse skill info, visit our BDO Horse Tiers, Skills, & Stats List.
T8 Horse Comparison
- Recommended T8 coats for well-rounded stats are the 8A, 8B and 8D.
- 8E has the best Speed, but also usually the worst Brake.
- 8C excels at Brake, but looses in Speed.
Base Stats for Tier 8 horses are shown in the chart.
** Courser Skills
Horse Breeding with Coursers
When you breed two Coursers, you get a foal with 2 horse skills. If just one parent is a Courser, you only have a 50% chance of getting two skills.
Starting with 2 skills is a benefit because it increases your chances of obtaining an above normal amount of skills. Many low Tier horses struggle with learning 2 skills.
NOTE: performing Horse Exchange, instead of normal Horse Breeding of coursers produces foals with only one skill.
Courser Training with Forechop Method
In oder to start your goal in obtaining a Dream Horse, you will need a Courser with those 7 specific skills.
But how can you be sure to get the skills you need?
The “Forechop Method” is one way trainers have attempted to secure a courser. This method claims to increase the amount of skills a horse can obtain, thereby increasing the chances you will get the Courser skill set.
Forechop Method Step by Step
- Level your horse until it has the skills most easy for it to learn like Fore Chop, Hind Kick, and Quick Back
- usually occurs before horse reaches level 15
- look at the T8 table above, find your horse coat and the skills that have the highest chance to be learned
- Thereafter, use a Mount Skill Exchange Coupon on Fore Chop, each time your horse learns a new skill.
- Pearl Shop price for coupon is 250 Pearls for 1 or 2500 Pearls for 11 (Buy 10, get one free)
- Fore Chop will be replaced by a horse skill from your pool of unlearned skills. You don’t get to choose which skill you get.
- Increases your chance to learn the skill you want by a small amount… the amount may be extremely low. Look at the chart to see if it’s worth it to you. For example, S:Sideways has the lowest learn chance of all Courser Skills (0.225% for all Tier 8 horses)
As you can see, RNG can still work against you using this method. However, there is a kind of failstack system in place. Read more below.
Mount Skill Change Point
The success rates of changing a mount’s skills, when using the Mount Skill Change Coupon, are visible in the Manage Skill window at the <Stable Keeper>
Mount Skill Change Point Facts:
- The Skill Change Point stays the same even when you select a different Desired Skill
- The chance of learning the Desired Skill increases as the Skill Change Point increases
- Courser skills cannot be changed to other skills once a horse becomes a courser.
- Each rate reflects the Skill Change Point.
- Each rate is rounded up to the thousandths.