Jetina’s Guaranteed PEN Boss Gear is obtained via Jetina <Old Moon Guild Manager>. You can exchange PEN Tuvala and TET boss gear for TET boss gear that has a method to guarantee PEN at 100% chance.
Jetina <Old Moon Guild Manager>
This boss gear has a method to 100% guarantee enhancement via “Reform Levels.”
Guaranteed PEN Boss Gear Facts:
- Awakening Weapon (Sol) for Shai is excluded.
- Accessories are excluded, but 1 PEN Accessory is available via a different PEN Accessory system.
- Boss Gear will be bound to family and can’t be sold at market, however the chest and helmet CAN be upgraded to Fallen God’s Armor and Labreska’s Helmet, which can be sold.
- Can not enhance with the old methods or with Caphras, until PEN level is reached.
- Can use Gear Exchange Coupons at PEN level to change to a different class.
- Can change the boss type once per slot, but only if the gear hasn’t been reformed yet. (Ex. change Nouver to Kutum)
- Having negative Karma will negate the item effects. (This does not apply to the final PEN (V) Boss Gear.)
Guaranteed PEN Boss Gear is limited to one set of armor and weapons per account.
Obtain up to 7 Boss Gear:
- TET: Giath’s Helmet or
- TET: Griffon’s Helmet
- TET: Leebur’s Gloves or
- TET: Bheg’s Gloves
- TET: Muskan’s Shoes or
- TET: Urugon’s Shoes
- TET: Dim Tree Spirit’s Armor or
- TET: Red Nose’s Armor
- Main Weapon:
- TET: Kzarka Main Weapon Box or
- TET: Offin Main Weapon Box
- Sub Weapon:
- TET: Nouver Subweapon Box or
- TET: Kutum Subweapon Box
- Awakening Weapon:
- TET: Dandelion Awakening Weapon Box
Jetina’s Guaranteed PEN Boss Gear
Guaranteed Boss Gear is given to you at TET level. You upgrade it 5 times with 5 different Reform Stones.
Base Level 0:
Reform Level 1:
Reform Level 2:
The first Reform Stone adds 1 AP and 1 Reform Level.
View details of every Reform Level and all Guaranteed Boss Gear Stats.
100% Chance PEN Gear:
This gear has also been called “Free PEN Boss Gear”, “Reformed Boss Gear”, “Resplendent Gear”, and “Untradeable Boss Gear” although it retains the traditional boss gear names. It has the stats of normal boss gear, with the same names, but has a “Reform Level” not seen on normal boss gear. This is because it requires a completely different method of reaching PEN.
Requirements for Jetina’s Guaranteed PEN Boss Gear
- Level 60+
- Short Quest Line (talking to NPCs)
- “A Cry for Help” Black Spirit (,) → Quests → Suggestions
- “Old Moon Guild’s Trade Offer” given by Jetina
- “[PEN (V) Boss Gear]: The Old Moon Guild’s Best Deal” Black Spirit (,) → Quests → Suggestions
What Gear can be Exchanged to Jetina?
Season TET Boss Gear Example:
Normal TET Boss Gear Example:
Converted PEN Tuvala Example:
Upgrading Jetina Gear to PEN
Jetina’s TET Boss Gear can be upgraded to PEN by using 5 different Resplendent Reform Stones.
Making these Reform Stones is inexpensive at first, but increases in time/silver cost each level.
Boss Crystal Time Cost:
An important material used in creating Resplendent Reform Stones is obtained by a weekly quest from Jetina.
This weekly quest requires you to turn in 2 Latent Aura for 115 Concentrated Boss Crystal.
Magical Shard Time Cost:
Another important time cost may be attaining enough Magical Shards.
Magical Shards are obtained mainly via grinding spot drops starting in Valencia.
Boss Latent Aura
2 Latent Aura are needed for the weekly quest for 115 Concentrated Boss Crystal.
You will exchange a total of 6 Latent Aura per gear to reach PEN level.
6 Latent Aura = 345 Concentrated Boss Crystal
Pick up the remaining 15 Concentrated Boss Crystal from looting a defeated boss.
Boss Spawn Types
Spawn bosses and defeat them to obtain *boss name* Latent Aura and Concentrated *boss name* Crystal.
|Aura Qty||Boss Spawn Type||Boss|
|3-5||Empowered World Boss||Nightmarish Kzarka, Bloodstorm Nouver, Thundercloud Kutum, Stormbringer Karanda|
|1-2||World Boss||Kzarka, Nouver, Kutum, Karanda, Offin Tett|
|1-2||Field Boss||Dim Tree Spirit, Red Nose, Dastard Bheg|
|1-2||Dark Rift||Red Nose, Dastard Bheg, Muskan, Dim Tree Spirit, Griffon|
|0-1||Normal Boss Summon Scroll||Red Nose, Giath, Bheg, Muskan, Dim Tree Spirit, Griffon, Urugon, Leebur|
|0-1||Awakened Boss Summon Scroll||Red Nose, Giath, Bheg, Muskan, Dim Tree Spirit, Griffon, Urugon|
|1+||Darkened Boss Summon Scroll||Red Nose, Giath, Bheg, Muskan, Dim Tree Spirit, Griffon, Urugon|
Concentrated Boss Crystal Quests
2x Latent Aura = 115x Concentrated Boss Crystal.
After completing the quest “Old Moon’s Guild Trade Offer” Jetina will offer the following quests that give 115 Concentrated Boss Crystal for 2 Latent Aura:
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Giath
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Griffon
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Bheg
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Leebur
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Urugon
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Muskan
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Dim Tree Spirit
– [Weekly] Imperfect Beings: Red Nose
- Each weekly quest rewards 115 Concentrated Boss Crystal.
- Concentrated Boss Crystal quests are limited to one per family per week. (You can’t quest for crystals for your Dandelion plus your Kzarka in the same week.)
- Resets every Thursday at midnight.
- Concentrated Boss Crystal quests are shared with all characters. (You can pick it up with one character, switch to an Alt to exchange the Latent Aura, then switch back to the first character to finish the quest and obtain the Concentrated Boss Crystals.)
Reform Stone I Recipe
Processing (L) → Heating:
- 1x Rough Opal ( via mining or worker nodes )
- 20x Magical Shard (Processing (L) > Heating: yellow grade Black Magic Crystal)
- 60x Concentrated Boss Crystal (weekly quest for 2 Latent Aura)
- 10x Concentrated Magical Black Stone Processing (L) → Heating: Hard/Sharp Shard + Black Stone (Weapon/Armor)
- 50x Memory Fragment
Resplendent *weapon/armor name* Reform Stone I
This is the first stone required to upgrade your gear to Reform Level 1.
The recipe is the same for all gear, except the Crystal and Black Stone will reflect the gear you are upgrading.
Recipe for Reform Stone I for Dandelion Awakening Weapon
Resplendent Reform Stone Levels & Mats
Each reform stone requires more effor and cost than the last.
|Reform Stones (Dandelion images)||Black Stone
|Resplendent Reform Stone I||10||20||50||60||T1||–||–|
|Resplendent Reform Stone II||20||30||100||60||T2||–||–|
|Resplendent Reform Stone III||30||50||150||60||T3||–||–|
|Resplendent Reform Stone IV||40||100||250||60||T4||–||–|
|Resplendent Reform Stone V||50||–||450||120||–||30||1|
NOTE: Oquilla Crystal requires silver. The price increases each time you purchase it. Base price for 1 weapon is 1.5 billion silver.
200 Magical Shards are needed for each gear piece to get Reform level 4.
They are primarily created by heating a yellow grade Black Magic Crystal, but also from Imperial Alchemy.
Black Magic Crystals are a rare drop from grinding spots. Some are better locations than others.
For more details and to view player voting on Magical Shard grinding spots, please view our Magical Shard guide.
1 Rough Opal is required for the first level Reform Stone. You will eventually need one each of the T2 to T4 Opals as well.
They are available on the Marketplace.
Rough Opals can be gathered with a pickaxe from “Strange Rock” and “Opal” nodes.
For more details about upgrading a Rough Opal and to see location maps, please view our Rough Opal guide.
Oquilla Crystal Cost
The largest cost will be for PEN level Reform Stone, because you will need 1 Oquilla Crystal.
The only way to obtain this right now is with silver. ( 30 to 220 Oquilla Piece of the Old Moon is exchanged for 1 Oquilla Crystal. Completed via exchange quests with Jetina that get more expensive each time you complete them.)
Oquilla Piece of the Old Moon is 50,000,000 silver each at an Old Moon Manager.
Which Oquilla Crystal Do I Need?
- PEN Defense Gear: 1x Oquilla Earth Crystal each
- PEN Weapons: 1x Oquilla Sky Crystal each
Oquilla Crystal Costs:
|Jetina Gear||Oquilla Piece
of Old Moon
|1st PEN Weapon||30||1.5b|
|2nd PEN Weapon||70||3.5b|
|3rd PEN Weapon||120||6b|
|1st PEN Defense Gear||80||4b|
|2nd PEN Defense Gear||120||6b|
|3rd PEN Defense Gear||160||8b|
|4th PEN Defense Gear||220||11b|
TOTAL Defense Gear Cost:
- 29 billion silver ( for all 4 at PEN )
TOTAL Weapons Cost:
- 11 billion silver ( for all 3 at PEN )
NOTE: does NOT include costs of other mats purchased, like Memory Fragments, Black Stones, and Black Magic Crystals which can be purchased on the Market.
Guaranteed PEN Boss Gear is not meant to be quickly obtained in a week. (Although this may be possible via server hopping Field Boss spawns.)
120/week (115 with weekly quest + 5 from boss drop)
1 Gear Piece:
- 1 Week: Reform Level 2
- 2 Weeks: Reform Level 4
- 3 Weeks: PEN Level
You can obtain 1 Guaranteed Pen Boss Gear every 3 weeks from the weekly quest.
At this rate, a full set of gear (7 slots) can be obtained in about 5 months. (147 days)
Boss Crystals via Boss Loot
Potentially, you could speed up the 3 week time with boss crystal drops. Looks like you get 5 crystals per nightmare boss (aka insta-death boss).
Karanda is a world boss spawn occurring 12 times in one week. Spawn times here.
In one to two weeks, you might get enough Karanda Crystals to make an extra level 1 to 4 Reform Stone. (12 nightmare kills * 5 = 60 Crystals)
But look at some of those spawn times… Ummm sleep much anyone? Ha! No sleep for Karanda, means no sleep for good-doers like you either! 🙂
Note to Self: sleep is good. Uninterrupted sleep is even better!
Example Stormbringer Karanda:
Example Normal Karanda:
Example Nightmare Kzarka Loot:
Concentrated Boss Aura
You will need 30 Boss Aura to create a PEN Reform Stone.
Obtain this by using Simple Alchemy on certain boss gear and via Exchange.
For more details, please view our guide on Concentrated Boss Aura.
Guaranteed Boss Gear Comparison
Which Guaranteed boss gear is the best choice? They have identical stats to the gear available in the Marketplace.
|62||25||33 + 103
|29 + 17
|Bheg’s Gloves||60||50||26 + 78
|34 + 19
Leebur’s trades 25 Accuracy and 7 DR for 32 Evasion + 2 Sheet DP.
Can I Change the Boss Gear?
You can change the boss gear type for each slot once per family. For example, exchange a Nouver for Kutum.
The gear has to be base, which means you haven’t inserted a Reform Stone yet.
You exchange the gear at Yisar Pjetyo <Alchemist> located in Tarif, Mediah Territory.
He will have 7 quests total, one per gear slot. So you can change your mind once per gear slot.
Example Sub Weapon Change:
- Nouver to Kutum sub-weapons exchange has a corresponding quest called “[1 Exchange per Family] Old Moon’s Resplendent Sub-weapon”
Also note that you can use a Weapon Exchange Coupon from the Pearl Shop after the weapons reach PEN level, in order to change their class.
Yisar Pjetyo <Alchemist>
Location: Tarif, Mediah Territory
(east side of the city)