Tag Characters allows you to link another character to your main character so that they travel together and optionally share gear and experience.
How To Tag Characters for Item Copy:
Complete a level 56+ quest line starting with “Marni’s Suspicious Device.” Find it in the Suggested quest tab (O key).
This is a Family quest for characters Lv. 56 or higher.
Item Copy Requirements:
- Marni’s Unstable Fuel (10,000,000 Silver each at Old Moon Managers) or Marni’s Processed Fuel for 1k Pearls.
- 200+ million silver cost per gear set copy: (Based upon the value of your weapons)
Tag Characters Benefits:
- Two tagged characters can share Combat and Skill EXP gains.
- Share your location with an Alt and explore your favorite hunting grounds with a different class.
- Down to zero Energy? Use Tag Characters to use an Alt’s Energy pool as well. You can continue gathering in the same location with no travel time.
- If a PVP player attacks, you can have your secret weapon (Ninja Alt) in your back pocket!
- Switch to a lvl 49 Alt to be safe from PVP.
- Switch to take a break, but still preserve a buff’s duration.
- Two characters can share the same gear.
- Try a new class before investing more. (For example, Weapon Exchange Coupons, etc.)
Tag Character is available to all but Season Characters. Both tagged characters must be level 7+. Copying gear requires a level 56+ questline.
- To link two characters for the Tag system, both characters must be in the same town. Some villages like Kusha, Abun, Muiquun, etc. are excluded.
- Tagged characters will always travel together and share their current location.
- Emergency Tag:
- Click RMB on the Tag icon to Emergency Tag characters.
- A confirmation window will appear. Hit Enter.
- The Cooldown for Emergency Tag and Emergency Escape are shared.
- During Emergency Escape Cooldown, you can still Tag characters via the Character Selection window.
- Tag Location Restrictions:
- You cannot Tag during Altar of Blood, Pit of the Undying, Red Battlefield, Arena of Arsha, Battle Arena, Savage Rift, Horse Race, or Node/Conquest War. You also cannot Tag in the Great Ocean or Great Desert.
- A Tagged character cannot sell trade goods. (With patch 2-16-22, a Tagged character CAN use Imperial Delivery (packaged Cooking/Medicine Box delivery.)
- Character Transport can’t be used on tagged Characters.
- A mount with items in its Inventory will not be tagged along with your character.
- You can only have 2 tagged characters in one family.
Tag Character Exp
Tag character allows you to copy combat and skill exp to another character.
The tagged character gains the same EXP points. This allows you to gain combat and skill EXP on two characters at the same time!
NOTE: Tag character is only available for non-Season characters.
- Leveling with character A will accumulate the same amount of EXP gained to character B. (You can also level with character B and claim EXP gains on character A.)
- Combat/Skill EXP gained through Black Spirit’s Training does not accumulate. (AFK Leveling with Training Dummies & Books)
- Only EXP gained through PvE combat will be accumulated.
- Log into character B, open the “Tag Characters” window, and press the “Get EXP” button to claim the EXP gained by character A.
- When obtaining accumulated EXP, leveling up is temporarily halted at Lv. 49, 56, and 60. You will need to press the “Get EXP” again to level up with the accumulated EXP to the next threshold.
- You will also need to complete the “[To Level 50!] Go Beyond Your Own Limits” quest through the Black Spirit (/) in order to level from Lv. 49 to Lv. 50.
Marni’s Suspicious Device
“Item Copy” button appears in the Tag Character UI, after you complete the questline with a 56+ character.
Item Copy opens a “Marni’s Suspicious Device” that allows you to copy gear from your main character to your alt character.
How to Copy Items:
- Copying items require “Marni’s Unstable Fuel”. Required number of “Marni’s Unstable Fuel” differs based on the market price of the main weapon, sub-weapon, awakening weapon. (At least 20, which is 200 mil.)
- Copied items are identical to the original item but you cannot enhance or extract the copied item.
- Socketed crystals are copied with the gear, yet crystals cannot be extracted from copied gear but only removed or transfused.
- Copied items share enhancement levels including Caphras enhancement with the original item but they become bound to your character.
- Socketed and branded items will only share the original item’s state at the initial point of transfer.
- Items can only be copied when they are at full durability.
Items that Can NOT be Copied:
Shaded RED in the Gear Copy interface:
- Gear without full durability
- Season-only gear
- Converted Tuvala weapons from Season Graduation (Converted Tuvala defense gear can be copied.)
- Naru gear
- Main quest line gear
- Gear available for a limited time
- Gear rented with contribution points
- Gear incompatible with Weapon Exchange Coupons
- Shai Talent gear
- Life skill tools that can be equipped in weapon slots (fishing poles, floats)
- Spirit stones
- Class Specific Outfits such as Calpheon Noble Dress.
Clicking Untag will destroy all copied gear!!
Copied gear will be destroyed if you are killed as an Outlaw with 0 or negative Karma.
Item Copy and Single Copy can’t be used with a character that has Karma below 0.
Copied gear can NOT be removed from either of your tagged characters to put into storage or given to a different Alt.
Gear be stuck to ya! 🙂
Tag Characters Item Copy Cost
|Item Copy Cost = 1.5% of weapons + Number of Caphras * 21,500 Silver|
- weapons: the Central Market Price of your Main + Sub + Awakening Weapons
- The price to copy items is calculated by the amount of Marni’s Unstable Fuel required. The minimum amount required to make a copy is Marni’s Unstable Fuel x20.
- The max number of Marni’s Unstable Fuel required for copying PEN (V) Blackstar gear will be fixed at 150. (Source: patch June 8, 2022, when the value of Blackstar was increased.)
- The copied items can only be used by characters that are tagged together.
@ 10 million silver per Marni’s Unstable Fuel:
- Full TRI weapons 1.5% of 3 billion silver = 45,000,000 silver = 5 fuels (NOTE: there is a 20 fuel minimum!)
- Full TET weapons 1.5% of 5 billion silver = 75,000,000 % silver = 8 fuels (NOTE: there is a 20 fuel minimum!)
- Full PEN weapons: 1.5% of 55 billion silver = 825,000,000 silver = 83 fuels
Item Copy Questline
If you are level 56+, you can start the questline “Marni’s Suspicious Device.”
Quest Window (O) → Suggested → [ADV Support] [Lv. 56] Item Copy with Marni’s Device!
Complete the “[Marni’s Suspicious Device] Old Moon Shop” quest available from Lv. 56 through the Black Spirit (,) to unlock the Item Copy feature.
Travel to Abun in SE Mediah and talk to the following NPC:
After speaking to Shir Waklo, he will give you 9 puzzle pieces that you must put together in the correct order. See the image below:
Click the plus sign to combine the pieces and then use the Chat button and select the third option:
Travel to Splashing Point and talk to the following NPC:
Travel to Altinova and talk to the <Old Moon Manager> named Jak.
Marni’s Unstable Fuel
Silver Cost: 10,000,000
Purchase Marni’s Unstable Fuel at any <Old Moon Manager>.
How to Untag Tagged Characters
To untag tagged characters so that they stop sharing location and exp do the following:
- Both tagged characters must be in the same town or city.
- You must collect shared exp before untagging characters.
- Click “Tag Characters” icon in the top left UI.
- Collect stored exp by pressing the “Get Exp” button in the Tagging UI.
- Click the same icon that you pressed when tagging the characters to untag them.
Tagging System Patch Notes
April 6, 2022 Patch Notes:
● Reduced the amount of “Marni’s Unstable Fuel” required to copy an item by 50%.
– Therefore, the formula for copying items was changed to the following:
|* Copy Cost Formula = (3 weapon types) Central Market Price 3% 1.5% + (3 weapon types) Number of Caphras Stones Used * 43,000 21,500 Silver|
* The price to copy items is calculated by the amount of Marni’s Unstable Fuel required. The minimum amount required to make a copy is Marni’s Unstable Fuel x20.
* The copied items can only be used by characters that are tagged together. Please refer to the “Adventurer’s Guide” for more details about the “Item Copy” system.
From Dec 29, 2021 Patch Notes:
● Changed so that you cannot use the Item Copy and Single Copy functions with a character that has Karma below 0.
Source: November 18th, 2020
- Marni’s Suspicious Device / Tag Character
A rather interesting tale is spreading from the black market of Mediah, which opens once every 15 days. According to rumor, a great adventurer has discovered Marni’s Suspicious Device from the Arsha Sea. If you burn Marni’s Unstable Fuel in it, the items you shall obtain will help you become quite the outlaw. To share this power to activate Marni’s Suspicious Device, the great adventurer has spread fragments of clues all over.
- Added a new function to Tag Character. Now you can share equipment between Tagged Characters via “Marni’s Suspicious Device.” In other words, two characters will be able to share a set of gear together.
- How to use Marni’s Suspicious Device
- Complete the questline “[Marni’s Suspicious Device] A Splendid Deal” with a character Lv. 56 or higher.
- Once you’ve completed the questline, the “Item Copy” function will become available.
- Tag the main character with the desired gear equipped to a different character in the Character’s Tag Setting menu.
- Once tagging is complete, you will see how much “Marni’s Unstable Fuel” will be required to copy the gear to the selected character.
- You can purchase “Marni’s Unstable Fuel” from Old Moon Managers located in major cities.
- Once you have all the required materials, use Item Copy to copy your gear from the main character to the tagged character.
- Login to your tagged character, where you’ll be able to equip and use the copied gear.
- Detailed Information:
- All 4 pieces of armor, 3 weapons, 6 accessories, 1 tool, and 1 spirit stone equipped by the main character will be copied into the tagged character’s inventory.
- To use Item Copy, you will need “Marni’s Unstable Fuel” that is sold by Old Moon Managers for silver (10 million each).
- Copied items will remain bound to both the main character and the tagged character. However, once a character is untagged, all copied items will disappear. You may tag a different character to the main character and use Item Copy then as well, and you will need additional Marni’s Unstable Fuel to do so.
- The cost for Item Copy will be converted into the amount of “Marni’s Unstable Fuel” required.
- Item Copy cost formula = (All 3 Weapons) Central Market Price x 3% + (All 3 Weapons) Number of Caphras Stones used for Caphras Enhancement x 43,000 Silver
- The minimum cost to use Item Copy is “Marni’s Unstable Fuel” x20.
- Enhanced gear that can no longer be registered onto the marketplace will use the price of the gear before enhancement.
- Item Copy will require all gear equipped on the main character to have max durability recovered, and the selected tagged character will require 14 free slots of inventory space.
- The enhancement level, branding, socketed crystals, and Caphras Stone EXP will be copied exactly for Item Copy.
- You may destroy socketed crystals in copied gear, yet you cannot extract the crystals themselves for reuse. You may transfuse new crystals onto copied gear with empty sockets.
- You may not use such functions as enhance, upgrade, Caphras enhancement, and devour on copied gear.
- You may not use copied gear as materials for the Adventure Log or the Fallen God’s Armor.
- If the enhancement level and/or Caphras enhancement level of the main character’s gear changes, the tagged character’s gear will change accordingly. However, changing the transfused crystals, branding, or durability of the main character’s gear will not impact the tagged character’s gear.
- If the main character’s gear is deleted, the tagged character’s gear will also be deleted (for example, if you delete Bheg’s Gloves on the main character, the tagged character’s Bheg’s Gloves will also be deleted).
- By deleted, we mean the item itself was destroyed (either thrown into the trash can, or an accessory was destroyed upon failed enhancement attempt).
- Both the main and tagged gear cannot be placed in storage nor registered on the marketplace. Adventurers who especially enjoy using multiple characters and storage/maids for life skills should unequip their tool from the “tool slot” before using Item Copy.
- Note that extracting Garmoth’s Heart from the main Fiery sub-weapon will delete the tagged sub-weapon. This goes for ultimate gear as well. On the other hand, if the main gear was normal when tagged, then is upgraded to Fiery or Ultimate, the tagged weapon will NOT be upgraded but remain as normal.
- If a tagged character with negative Karma (including those in the desert) is killed, ALL copied gear will be destroyed “regardless of location,” and the protections offered by the set effects of Pearl outfits and Oasis buffs won’t be applied here.
- How to use Marni’s Suspicious Device
Added the Item Copy (Tag Character) function, which will allow two characters to share the same gear. Now you can tag your main character with your second-most favored character and open up a whole new bag of different gameplay options. Black Desert boasts a roster of 20 different action-packed and visually-stunning classes, each displaying its own unique style and flavor. Yet Black Desert has long been a game that brings out the MMORPG aspect of fully focusing on one main character, and yet, especially considering its diverse roster, this has been a side that we’ve thought long and hard about improving. One solution was the now difficult-to-obtain, and still most-requested globally, Weapon Exchange Coupon. And “Marni’s Suspicious Device” is content that we hope will address this concern from the forefront. We developed this content to allow for a more convenient means of playing new classes, and we hope many of our adventurers are inspired to put this content to use.
In addition, once it appeared on the Global Labs, it was one of the most requested, but we focused on honing the edges before finally deciding to release it today. However, please understand that we’ve applied some tight restrictions such as not allowing copied gear to be registered on the marketplace, nor placed in storage, in order to prevent any abuse of this feature.
- The following gear cannot be copied.
– Class-specific outfits such as the Calpheon Noble Dress
– Season-only gear
– Naru Gear
– Gear from Main Questline Rewards
– Gear available for a limited time
– Gear rented with contribution points
– Gear incompatible with Weapon Exchange Coupons
– Shai Talent Gear
– Life skill gear that can equipped in main, sub-weapon slots like fishing rods or floats
- You may not use the Tag Character function during the following situations.
– Conquest/Node War
– Red Battlefield
– Battle Arena
– Arena of Arsha
– Savage Rift
– Horse Race
– Final Battle
– Great Sea
– Altar of Blood
– Pit of the Undying
* Tagged characters may participate in all of the content mentioned above.
Source: Dec 2020
- Added “Marni’s Processed Fuel” that can copy just one individual gear.
- Single Copy requires Item Copy through Marni’s Suspicious Device first.
- ※ You need one “Marni’s Processed Fuel” to single copy an armor, accessory, or an alchemy stone.
- ※ To Single Copy main, awakening, and sub-weapons, you need Marni’s Unstable Fuel (amount varies by equipment) + Marni’s Processed Fuel x1.
- * Copy Formula = (Main, Sub, Awakening Weapons) 3% of Central Market Price + (Main, Sub, Awakening Weapons) Number of Caphras Stone used for Enhancement x43,000 Silver.
- Marni’s Processed Fuel will also be available for purchase in the in-game Pearl Shop (F3).