Marni’s Realm is a select group of private grinding spots limited to one hour each day. Enter Marni’s Realm by visiting a specific grinding location in which the Marni’s Realm entrance button appears.
Marni’s Realm makes it possible to have a grinding spot all to yourself. You will not have to PVP or DFS for some of the best grinding locations in BDO.
Marni’s Realm Private Grinding Spots
Marni’s Realm is available for the following monster zones:
- Pila Ku Jail
- Roud Sulfur Mine
- Aakman Temple (coming soon)
- Hystria Ruins (coming soon)
- Polly’s Forest
- Manshaum Forest
- Forest Ronaros Area
- Star’s End
- Gyfin Rhasia Temple (Underground)
- Jade Starlight Forest
- Sycraia Underwater Ruins (Abyssal)
- [Elvia] Biraghi Den
- [Elvia] Swamp Fogan Habitat
- [Elvia] Swamp Naga Habitat
- [Elvia] Bloody Monastery
- [Elvia] Orc Camp
- [Elvia] Saunil Camp
- [Elvia] Rhutum Outstation
- [Elvia] Primal Giant Post
- [Elvia] Hexe Sanctuary
- [Elvia] Quint Hill
- Tshira Ruins
- Blood Wolf Settlement
- Sherekhan Necropolis (Day) ※ Monsters do not spawn if entered at night.
View Available Private Grinding Spots
To see a list of grinding spots eligible for Marni’s Realm:
Menu (ESC) → Adventure (F5) → Marni’s Realm Private Monster Zone
Click the navigation button to draw a path to the correct location.
You can enter Marni’s Realm, after you arrive at the correct spot.
Exiting Marni’s Realm
If you have used up the full 60 minutes, you will be teleported out of Marni’s Realm.
To exit Marni’s Realm early and pause the timer, Click the EXIT button. Once you leave the realm, the timer will pause and only resume again after you reenter
There is a 5 minute cool down before being able to reenter Marni’s Realm after leaving it.
Activate or deactivate the Marni’s Realm UI:
- Menu (ESC) → Adventure (F5) → Marni’s Realm Private Monster Zone.
Marni’s Realm Tips
- Loot chances are the same for Marni’s Realm.
- You can’t go outside of the designated Marni’s Realm into other areas unless you leave Marni’s Realm.
- The time limit in Marni’s Realm resets every day at 06:00.
- Each day gives 60 minutes with an additional 5 minutes.
- If you die in Marni’s Realm, you will be teleported out.
- You must be on an Elvia server to enter Marni’s Realm Elvia monster zones.
- Mounts can be called only in designated areas of Marni’s Realm.
- All Summons before entering Marni’s Realm will disappear after entering Marni’s Realm.
- Negative Karma prevents you from entering Marni’s Realm.
- Marni’s Realm isn’t available on Arsha or Node/Conquest War servers.
- You can’t use teleports in Marni’s Realm. For example, Traveler’s Map, the guild skill Command to Gather, and Lafi Bedmountain’s Upgraded Compass.
Marni’s Realm Location for Pila Ku
Auto-navigation can’t be used for desert grinding spots.
Pila Ku is one of the trickier locations to find.
Marni’s Realm for Pila Ku is located near NPC Botadin, from the plaza entrance.
Marni’s Realm Busy Server
- If Marni’s Realm is too crowded on the server you are on, then the Change Server UI will appear.
- You will be able to see how crowded Marni’s Realm is on the other servers and change to your server of choice.
- The Server Change UI will mark servers where Marni’s Realm is unavailable.
A full Marni’s Realm will state, “You cannot enter Marni’s Realm on this server.”
Sources & Additional Info
Patch Notes copied below from https://www.naeu.playblackdesert.com/en-US/News/Detail?groupContentNo=3183
We’re adding Marni’s Realm (private monster zones) as we revealed during CalpheON Episode 2. The concept of private monster zones came to fruition after we thought about how to improve the gameplay experience for our Adventurers who had limited time to play each day. We first brought this concept to life in the form of a “mini” server, but we felt that version was difficult to balance and didn’t offer an equal opportunity access for all Adventurers. Hence we’ve come to develop and reveal Marni’s Realm – Private Monster Zones. Of course, up until we settled on this current iteration, we went over countless feedback and opinions from our Adventurers, which helped us immensely. We’re just happy to be able to finally reveal the fruits of our labor. Marni’s Realm does not apply to all monster zones, and we also focused on most popular zones sought after by our Adventurers, such as those in the Elvia Realm, Sycraia Underwater Ruins, and Gyfin Rhasia Temple.
It’s quite simple to use. You will need to first move to the designated spot in a monster zone, open up the special menu and click a button to enter. Please note that we limited Marni’s Realm to certain parts of a monster zone in order to lessen the burden on each server. For example, upon entering Marni’s Realm at the Orc Camp, you’ll find yourself only able to move around and fight monsters in the “best spot” of the monster zone. Since you will be the only Adventurer in said realm, we didn’t feel the need to open up the entire monster zone for Marni’s Realm. Also, your usage of Marni’s Realm is limited to 1 hour per day.
While we heard your initial feedback on 1 hour being somewhat short, we didn’t want Marni’s Realm to end up overshadowing the main content of Black Desert, that is, fighting monsters in the open world alongside other Adventurers. Therefore, we have no plans to increase the daily limit at this time.
● Added private monster zones, Marni’s Realm.
– The presence of all other Adventurers are removed the instant you enter Marni’s Realm.
– Marni’s Realm spawns all the same monsters with the same loot rates as the “normal” zone.
– You cannot go beyond the pocket of the monster zone within Marni’s Realm unless you press the button to leave.
● You can find the available monster zones for Marni’s Realm under Menu (ESC) – Adventure (F5) – Private Monster Zone.
● The entry button to Marni’s Realm will appear once you reach the designated spot of specific monster zones, which you must press to gain access.
– You can auto-navigate to these designated spots also by referring to Menu (ESC) – Adventure (F5) – Private Monster Zone.
* Auto-navigation is not provided to monster zones in the desert.
– Entry to Marni’s Realm is limited to 1 hour per day, which resets at 06:00 daily (an additional 5 minutes is provided as a buffer).
– As long as you have time remaining, you can enter and leave Marni’s Realm as you please.
– Leaving Marni’s Realm will pause the daily time limit, but there will be a 5-minute cooldown before you can attempt to enter again.
– You can only access Marni’s Realm for Elvia monster zones on an Elvia Realm server.
– You can toggle the Marni’s Realm entry button from the respective private monster zone window.
● Marni’s Realm is available for the following monster zones.
– Tshira Ruins
– Polly’s Forest
– Blood Wolf Settlement
– Sherekhan Necropolis (Day) * Monsters do not spawn if entered at night.
– Roud Sulfur Mine
– Pila Ku Jail
– Manshaum Forest
– Forest Ronaros Area
– Star’s End
– Sycraia Underwater Ruins (Abyssal)
– Jade Starlight Forest
– Gyfin Rhasia Temple (Underground)
– [Elvia] Biraghi Den
– [Elvia] Swamp Fogan Habitat
– [Elvia] Swamp Naga Habitat
– [Elvia] Bloody Monastery
– [Elvia] Orc Camp
* Aakman Temple and Hystria Ruins are expected to become available in the near future.
● The following conditions apply to Marni’s Realm.
– You cannot use Traveler’s Map-type items within Marni’s Realm.
– You cannot summon others or be summoned to Marni’s Realm via the guild skill – Call To Gather or Lafi Bedmountain’s Upgraded Compass.
– You can call for mounts that are within the designated area of a Marni’s Realm monster zone.
– All summons will be de-summoned upon entering Marni’s Realm.
– Death will force your character to leave Marni’s Realm.
– You must be above 0 Karma to enter Marni’s Realm.
– You cannot enter Marni’s Realm on an Arena of Arsha or Node/Conquest War server.
– Each server has a maximum occupancy limit for Marni’s Realm, which you can see via the Marni’s Realm status UI.
– A window where you can change servers and check Marni’s Realm status will appear if you attempt to enter on a server with too many Adventurers having entered Marni’s Realm.
● Added the message and UI that displays on servers where Marni’s Realm – Private Monster Zones is not available.
– Attempting to enter Marni’s Realm on an Arsha/Node/Conquest War server will display a message, along with opening up the Server Change UI.
* The Server Change UI will also mark servers where Marni’s Realm is unavailable.
* For more details, please refer to [Adventurer’s Guide] – [Marni’s Realm – Private Monster Zone].