Liana’s Tool Bag is an item you equip that stores all your gathering tools in one slot. It also instantly equips whichever gathering tool you need. No more swapping tools in order to gather different items in BDO!
Liana’s Tool Bag:
- RMB to equip Liana’s Tool Bag.
- Tool Bag fills the Life Skill Tool slot.
- Stores 1 of each of the 6 different tool types.
- Automatically equips the correct tool for the item you are gathering.
- Share Liana’s Bag with family by transferring via Storage Keeper to an alt. (Must be empty.)
- Level 49+
- Short questline starting with Black Spirit.
- 10 Energy for each trivia question. (100 total Energy)
- Be a normal character and not a Season Character.
Liana’s Tool Bag Restrictions
- Limited to one Liana’s Tool Bag quest per family.
- Tools rented with Contribution Points, temporary tools, and character-bound tools can’t be stored in Liana’s Tool Bag.
- You must still meet a tool’s Life Skill level requirement in order to use it from Liana’s Tool Bag.
- Item Copy function can’t be used on Liana’s Tool Bag.
- To change stored tools, unequip Liana’s Tool Bag while idle.
- Season characters cannot equip Liana’s Tool Bag.
Liana’s Tool Bag Quest Line
Liana’s Tool Bag quest line starts with Black Spirit → Suggested →
- [Tool Bag] Liana’s Invention
- [Tool Bag] Liana’s Trivia Part 1
- [Tool Bag] Liana’s Trivia Part 2
You will have to complete a series of trivia questions with Liana.
[Tool Bag] Liana’s Trivia Part 1
Each answer requires 10 Energy.
- What is a specialty of Viv Foretta Hamlet? → Strawberry
- Who scribbled on the corner of the castle wall on top of Valencia Castle? → Igor Bartali
- Which ingredient is not used to make desert dumplings? → Salt
- Which freshwater fish is especially common in Kamasylvia? → Common Minnow
- Which stoneback crab doesn’t exist in Kamasylvia? → Rock Stoneback Crab
[Tool Bag] Liana’s Trivia Part 2
Each answer requires 10 Energy.
- What is the name of the island very close to land that flows with lava? → Staren Island
- What is Leordo Dias’ talent? → Art
- Which material is not used to make the Elixir of Burn Removal? → Ash Sap
- What is the name of the river that flows from Serendia to Calpheon? → Demi River
- What is the name of my little brother who worked on this incredible invention with me? → Ludowig (Ludowig appears twice. Choose the top one.)
Liana Location Maps
Liana is located in every major city, most of the time close to the <General Goods> vendor.
You can use the NPC finder to see all Liana’s locations if you have already spoken to her before.
- Velia & Heidel
- Calpheon City
- Altinova & Valencia City
Liana <Valentine’s Apprentice>
Location: every major city
Sources & Additional Info
Patch notes copied below. Source: https://www.naeu.playblackdesert.com/en-US/News/Detail?groupContentNo=3245
Valentine’s Apprentices, Liana and her twin brother, Ludowig, have come up with an incredible invention.
The invention of “Liana’s Tool Bag” will help Adventurers who enjoy Gathering to manage their inventories and Gathering tools.
The tool bag holds one of each type of Gathering tool. You can either press F5 or F6, or scroll your mouse wheel to conveniently engage in each type of Gathering activity by equipping the tool bag.
Many of our Adventurers have been wanting this for a while now, and we also have been wanting to develop it, which is why it’s such a pleasure to finally present this item to our Adventurers with this week’s update.
We recommend you fill up your Energy before proceeding with the quest to obtain Liana’s Tool Bag as you’ll need to pass a trivia quiz!
● “Liana’s Tool Bag,” a bag that automatically equips all tools held within to conveniently perform Gathering activities, has been invented.
– You can use the [Tool Bag] menu that will appear on the Inventory UI upon obtaining Liana’s Tool Bag to store one of each type of Gathering tool.
* Lumbering Axe, Fluid Collector, Butcher Knife, Pickaxe, Hoe, and Tanning Knife
– The Interaction button for the proper Gathering materials will appear on the Ring Menu if you get close to the Gathering materials while Liana’s Tool Bag with the Gathering tools is equipped in a slot.
– Use F5 or F6, or activate your mouse cursor and scroll the mouse wheel from the Ring Menu if you want to adjust settings for Interaction.
* Herbs: Barehanded Gathering ↔ Gathering via a Hoe
* Trees: Lumbering ↔ Collecting fluid
* Animals: Butchering ↔ Extracting ↔ Tanning
– The settings for Interaction for Gathering will be set until you re-adjust them.
● There’s a rumor going around about how to obtain Liana’s Tool Bag.
– Rumor says Adventurers who get recognized as a “knowledgeable Adventurer” by answering all of Liana’s riddles correctly will receive a special bag invented by Valentine’s Apprentices Liana and her younger twin brother, Ludowig.
– You can accept “[Tool Bag] Liana’s Invention” from the Black Spirit from Lv. 49, then find Liana to accept and complete “[Tool Bag] Liana’s Trivia” Part 1 and 2 to obtain Liana’s Tool Bag (once per Family).
* [TIP] We suggest you prepare Energy Potions since a lot of energy may be consumed during the trivia quiz.
* You cannot use Liana’s Tool Bag features in Gamepad UI mode yet, but we are planning to add the features as soon as we are able to.