BDO Global Lab gives you access to a test server for Black Desert Online. Players that have a character level 56+ can go here to experience new content before they are pushed to live servers. This is especially fun for players that typically receive updates at a later date like NA/EU and SEA servers. Test server accounts have access to level 60 characters of any class with high end gear and resources.
Here you will find a step by step guide to help you install Global Lab Test Server.HAPPY Server Testing!!
Official Test Server Purpose: “The purpose of the Black Desert Global Lab is to test future game functions and update features that will be implemented into the live servers in order to provide a stable game experience on the live servers.”
Official Global Lab Notice: “Only certain number of adventurers are able to register Black Desert Global Lab due to the limited number of registration.”
Global Lab Test Server: Quick Step by Step
- Register at BDO Global Lab Sign up.
- Email and Password: if you use a yahoo or pchome email address, you may have difficulty during the verification process. They recommend using a different email address to avoid this issue. (I used the same email address as in my BDO account settings.)
- Full Name: You cannot change your name after your complete the sign-up process. If you sign up using an incorrect name, there may be problems processing your inquiry. (Make sure this matches the full name in your BDO Account settings!)
- Date of Birth: Adventurers under the age of 15 cannot sign up. (again, I made sure this matched.)
- Click the verification link in their verification email
- Download Global Lab Client here: this is a separate BDO test server client. Please make sure that you have at least 30GB of space available on your hard disk before installation.
- Give your test server account a name on the Global Lab website home page.
- Double click BlackDesertLauncher.exe file in your Downloads folder
- Choose default folder or create a new folder to install Global Lab into then press OK about 3 times
- Double click the Global Lab test server shortcut on your desktop
- Log in and download/patch the Test Server client.
- Close the test server client launcher window, when all is downloaded.
- Start the live server client. (The normal BDO client): Only one client can run at the same time. Make sure the test server client is closed!
- Press Esc key > Content tab > Global Lab after logging in your character
- Click Register as Tester
- Click Confirm when the windows says “Available After Login. Would you like to go to the Login page?”
- Enter the email and password you registered on the Global Lab website.
- Click Register as Tester again (this window appeared again. Odd/buggy for you too?)
- Click Confirm twice to complete your registration. Exit live server.
- Run test server and be sure to double check the Language and test server Settings by clicking the gear icon on the top right of the Log In window
Global Lab Test Server: In-Depth with Photos
BDO will send an email that you have to verify by clicking on a link within the email.
When I clicked on the link in the email it brought me to an empty page that had the following pop up window with an error message: “Failed to register. Please try again in a few minutes.”
When I closed out the blank page, this page was behind it, showing that the registration had completed. It’s a bit buggy I guess?
Download Global Lab Test Server Client here: this is a separate BDO test server client. Please make sure that you have at least 30GB of space available on your hard disk before installation.
On the home page, look for a window called “Select Main Character”, after you are logged in.
Enter a name for your test server account and check to make sure it’s available.
Double click BlackDesertLauncher.exe file in your Downloads folder.
Choose a folder to install the test server into. The dialog windows here are not in English. Just keep pressing OK button to start the installation.
Double click the new icon on your desktop to run the Test Server launcher.
Allow the client to download/patch. This will take many hours. Make sure you have 30 GB of space. Note where the gear icon is for the Language and test server settings. Don’t change it yet, because it will not save your settings. Wait until after the client is completed and you have registed via the live server as well.
If you have not registered inside the live server, you will get this notice: “You have not applied for Global Lab. You can apply for Global Lab from the live server.” This just means you haven’t yet logged into the live server to register. That’s up next!
Exit the Test Server client and start the Live Client. Press Esc > Content tab > Global Lab after you have entered the game.
Click Register as Tester
Enter in the Login info that you registered on the Global Lab website.
Click Register as Tester again (a bit buggy?)
Click Confirm to complete the tester registration.
You have successfully registered. Now you can exit the live server and start the test server.
Always check your settings before logging in. Note where the gear icon is for the Language and test server settings.
System Requirements for Global Lab Test Server
The hardware requirements are recommended in order to run Black Desert smoothly. Gameplay may also be affected by your PC settings. The requirements may also be changed at any time.
32/64 bit Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
Intel Core i3
Intel Core i5
4 GB RAM
8 GB RAM
GTS 250 / GeForce 9800GTX
Radeon HD 3870 X2
NVIDIA GTX 970
AMD RX 480
|Hard disk space||
Requires 27GB Space in Hard Disk.(HDD or SSD)
Requires Screen Resolution 1280×720
Global Lab Installation Notes:
You can help your game run more smoothly by adjusting the resolution and game settings. We recommend installing the latest service pack to ensure proper installation and operation. You can improve the quality of your gaming experience further by using a 64-bit OS. If you are running DirectX 11, we recommend a graphics card that is equal to, or better than NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660.
How useful was this page?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
Does this post have errors?
Please help improve this page.
I appreciate your feedback!