<Boss> Hunting Monsters invaded Narcion, O’dyllita starting Dec 30 2020.
While hunting <Wild> mobs, there is a low chance that you will obtain the following item from butchering:
An elite <Boss> hunting mob will spawn nearby.
Thanks to somethinglovely.net for the node map! View Narcion location there.
Breath of Narcion
Boss Hunting Mobs have a higher than normal chance of dropping a rare item called Breath of Narcion. Source: see patch notes below.
Narcion is used to craft several high tier items, like yellow-grade furniture that give powerful buffs.
Breath of Narcion Items
Breath of Narcion is used to craft the best hunting rifle, [Hunting] Master Matchlock.
Requires Tool Workshop level 4.
Breath of Narcion Item & Recipe List
Breath of Narcion is used in the following processing recipes. Use Processing (L) > Manufacture
Boss Hunting Monsters in Narcion
Grass Rhino <Boss>
Verdure Buck <Boss>
Shadow Wolf <Boss>
Shadow Lion <Boss>
When they spawn, you will see an alert that says, “You sense a being with the energy of Narcion nearby.”
Look for a creature with a <Boss> tag that has a green glow around them.
Narcion boss loot is much greater than normal.
This Shadow Wolf <Boss> was the only boss animal that spawned during my hunting adventures around Narcion.
They seem quite rare: maybe one spawn out of 300 wild mobs killed. They have more health and hit harder. Bring health pots and good gear!
Breath of Narcion via Bonus Quests
You can also obtain Breath of Narcion via a random [Bonus] Hunting Quest obtainable from many monsters around Narcion, O’dyllita.
Requires completing the quest 30 times.
View the details in our [Bonus] Hunting Quest guide.
Boss Hunting Monsters Patch Notes
Source: Dec 30, 2020
- According to the famous hunter Roussea, animals holding life energy are roaming around Narcion in O’dyllita.
- Added 4 types of Boss Hunting Monsters (Grass Rhino, Verdure Buck, Shadow Wolf, Shadow Lion) in Narcion.
- If you get the item “Life-bearing Wind” while butchering a hunted animal, the boss hunting monster will appear.
- Butchering the boss hunting monster has a higher chance of dropping the “Breath of Narcion” and gives more of the standard loot.
- Reduced the HP of Grass Rhino that appears in Narcion by 30%.
- Increased the Hunting EXP gained from butchering hunted animals (Grass Rhino, Shadow Wolf, Shadow Lion) in Narcion.
- Increased the amount of Hunting EXP gained from butchering a hunted Grass Rhino by 4.5 times.
- Increased the amount of Hunting EXP gained from butchering a hunted Shadow Wolf by 2.6 times.
- Increased the amount of Hunting EXP gained from butchering a hunted Shadow Lion by 1.4 times.