Hystria and Aakman portals spawn in the Great Desert of Valencia. The portal locations are predefined, but it is random as to which dungeon entrance will spawn at the locations.
There is a short quest line you can do so that you can see the difference between an Aakman portal and a Hystra portal.
Hystria and Aakman Portal Quests
Start Quest Name: Forgotten Core Part
Start Quest NPC: Karashu <Alchemist>
Location: Sand Grain Bazaar
- Level 57+
- Main Mediah quest line completion. Press O key then Main tab. (Apocolyptic Prophecy, Awakened Black Spirit, or Simplified Main Quest)
- during quest line you will need to arrange Part for Explorer’s Compass x3 into the shape of a [-] to obtain an Ancient Explorer’s Compass (3 Days).
Begin by traveling to Sand Grain Bazaar, which is east of Altinova at the edge of the Great Desert of Valencia.
Speak to Karashu <Alchemist>, who is located next to the Work Supervisor.
Location: Sand Grain Bazaar, Valencia
Aakman Portal has no glowing border. (Hystria Portal looks like this as well, if you don’t do the quests.)
Hystria Portals have a glowing border around them. (After completing the quest line.)
Hystria & Aakman Location Map
The portal locations are shown in the map below.
So far, it’s been accurate for me.
Note that portals randomly spawn at any of these locations and it’s RNG which type will spawn, if any at all at the marked locations.
Sources & Additional Info
Patch Notes source.
Karashu, the alchemist in Sand Grain Bazaar, buried an alchemy device somewhere deep in Hystria Ruins. When the Ancient Teleporter connects to the Hystria Ruins, the light that seeps out from the alchemy device will reveal where it is connected.
– It is said that Adventurers who help Karashu can see the light that it emits from the ancient teleporter.
– Go to Quest (O) – Preferred Quest Type – Combat in order to accept this quest.
|Quests||Starting NPC||Objectives||Completion NPC|
|Forgotten Core Part||Karashu||Hand over the Alchemy Device’s Core Part to Vygun||Vygun|
|Light of Hystria Ruins||Vygun||Drink the potion in your inventory that Vygun gave you||Vygun|
– To accept these quests, your character must be level 57 or higher and have completed one of the quests listed below.
* Mediah Main Quest “[Co-op] Awakened Black Spirit” before the rework
* Mediah Main Quest “Apocalyptic Prophecy” after the rework
* “[Special Growth] Fughar’s Memorandum – Chapter 9”
▲ Aakman Temple teleporter / Hystria Ruins teleporter before completing the quest
▲ Hystria Ruins teleporter after completing the quest
The teleporter found in the desert frequently led players to undesirable monster zones, because it was difficult to predict where it would take them. In this update, we’ve added an effect to the teleporter device that leads to Hystria Ruins. The teleporter devices can be distinguished by competing a simple quest, so we hope you like this change.