BDO Ships have stats that differ, depending on tier and type. As ships are upgraded and gain tiers, their ship stats usually improve, depending on their category. Battle Ships increase in manuverability and attack. Barter ships increase in base Weight Limit and Inventory slots.
Ship Stat Info:
- Durability (HP) – decreases with damage during PVP, sea monster hits, and bad weather (reefs, tornado, wind/sailor event)
- Rations – decreases with ship skill usage, ship movement, and sailor events
- Speed – base movement speed potential (increase with prow ship parts and ship skills)
- Accel – how quickly ship can get to full speed
- Turn – how sharply a ship can turn
- Brake – how quickly a ship can stop
- Cabin Status – an indication of how many sailors a ship has room for, although sailor weight is also a factor. 1 Sailor takes 3 to 10 Cabin rooms.
- Weight (LT) – maximum weight of items the ship can carry. (you can over burden ships, with severe penalty to movement)
- DP or Damage – extra defense or damage from ship gear
BDO Ship Stat Comparison
Here is a comparison of all of the highest tier ships. Ships are divided into two categories. One has better ship stats for barter and the other has better ship stats for battle. (Although all the ships below can be used for both battle and barter.)
|Ship Stat||Epheria Sailboat||Epheria Frigate||Improved Sailboat||Improved Frigate||Epheria Caravel||Epheria Galleass||Carrack (Advance)||Carrack (Balance)||Carrack (Volante)||Carrack (Valor)|
|Inventory||25 slots||12 slots||25 slots||12 slots||30 slots||15 slots||40 slots||35 slots||20 slots||20 slots|
|Cannon per Side||1 (player)||2 (player)||2 (captain)||4 (captain)||2 (captain)||4 (captain)||9 (captain)||9 (captain)||9 (captain)||9(captain)|
High Tier Ship Comparison
Pankokseon doesn’t look very powerful at first glance. It’s stats like Speed, Acceleration, and Turn are lower than all of the Carracks.
But you’ll notice that the sailor room is superior, which allows you to use more sailors to better customize your ship.
|Barter Carracks vs Battle Carracks||7 Day Ship||LoML Ship|
|Barter —————- T5 Carracks ————- Battle||T6 BIS|
|Ship Stat||Carrack (Advance)||Carrack (Balance)||Carrack (Volante)||Carrack (Valor)||Epheria Galleon||Panokseon|
|Base LT||16,500||15,000||13,500||13,500||30,000||12,500 LT|
|Inventory||40 slots||35 slots||20 slots||20 slots||50 slots||20|
|Cannon per Side||9 (captain)||9 (captain)||9 (captain)||9 (captain)||4||9 (captain)|
The Panokseon starts out with stats more similar to the Caravel and Galleass.
However, you’ll notice a few important differences. The Weight Limit, Cabin Space, and HP of the Panokseon are much superior to both T4 ships.
Cannon number is much larger and it should have comparable damage to the Carrack: Valor (source: patch notes copied below)
|Panokseon vs Epheria Caravel and Epheria Galleass|
|Barter —————-T4 —————- Battle|
|Ship Stat||Epheria Caravel||Panokseon||Epheria Galleass|
|Base LT||10,000||12,500 LT||8,000|
|Inventory||30 slots||20||15 slots|
|Cannon per Side||2 (captain)||9 (captain)||4 (captain)|
|Sailing Skill||Stamina Consumption|
Stamina Consumption on Ships
Stamina is important in sailing. This stat can’t be improved by gear or upgrades. It’s basically, a timer. It’s used in the first three beginner ship skills. You cannot use sailing skills, when you do not have enough Stamina.
- BreezySail doesn’t occur unless you have enough Stamina and your ship is moving at top speed.
- AbruptTurn skill does not consume Stamina. Stamina recovers while you are using this skill.
- If you recover maximum Stamina while using the AbruptTurn skill, you can use the BreezySail skill immediately after using the AbruptTurn skill.
- You can use AbruptTurn skill even when you are not moving at top speed. You can use AbruptTurn skill while using BreezySail and PowerAccel.
Ship Weight Management
It’s important to keep track of the weight of the items in your ship Inventory.
Barter items have heavy Weight. (100 to 1k LT each).
Ships At/Over Max Weight = Bad:
When ships reach their maximum Weight Limit (LT), they become frustrating and very slow. Turning is wide and backing up and starting the ship feels long and difficult. When this happens, the best thing to do is right click on the world map and auto path, or aim your boat and press T to auto sail forward. Then take a break! (If you accidentally over-burden your ship in Margoria, then it’s really bad, because it’s difficult to sail AFK there and the distance is great.)
- You can transfer normal land goods to and from your character’s Inventory to your ship while at sea (P > Ship Info window) or at the <Wharf Manager>
- [Level *] Barter goods have different transfer rules than other items.
- [Level *] Barter items can’t be moved out of ship inventory, when you are at sea. Only at the <Wharf Manager>!
- Barter items can be transfered to and from Storage at a <Wharf Manager> as long as that city has a <Storage Keeper>
- Barter items can be moved to and from your character’s inventory or <Storage Keeper> at a <Wharf Manager>.
Sources & Additional Info
- Info searches on bdocodex.com
- Great Expedition Guide Google Doc – Thank you to BDO family name: Airie (SEA), Akiri (Global-Lab), Discord: Kiri Airie#6217
- Official BDO The Launch of a Great Expedition
- Official BDO The Great Expedition Update
- BDO Sailing/Vell Discord – talk and chat web app for everything Sailing