Ancient Relic Crystal Shards are valuable because they provide a method to obtain Memory Fragments.
Each Relic Shard gives about 1 Memory Fragment, when used to create a boss scroll.
Ancient Relic Crystal Shards are found on mobs in Calpheon territory. You can also obtain them from fishing in both fresh and sea waters.
Ancient Relic Crystal Shards are often called “Relic Fragments” and “Boss Scroll Pieces.”
Easiest Boss Scroll Piece
Of all the boss scroll pieces, Relic Shards are the easiest to obtain for new players. A bit of AFK fishing or low level mob grinding will give you 5 pieces to craft your first boss scroll.
Ancient Relic Crystal Shard Pattern
After you have obtained 5 Relic Shards, you can arrange them in your inventory to create a boss scroll.
Make sure you have Auto Arrange unchecked.
Scroll Time Limit: 7 days
Relic Storage: Relics can only be stacked inside the Warehouse, consuming 1VT each. Scrolls do not stack anywhere.
Arrange Relics in a + pattern.
Ancient Relic Crystal Shards From Fishing
Get 5+ Relic Shards from AFK fishing overnight.
For those with low fishing skill and small inventories, it is best to fish where there is more low grade fish, which can be automatically deleted. (Make sure the option to throw away low grade fish is selected.)
If you have max inventory space, you can maximize your profits by fishing in areas that give more high grade fish. Max inventory allows you to AFK fish the entire night and make more silver because you can keep and sell the higher quality fish.
You can reduce your AFK fish bite time by utilizing “Abundant” waters and items like the Balenos Fishing Rod.
Best Fishing Spots for Relic Shards
Fishing Spot: Tooth Fairy Cabin
Location: Kamasylvia (north of Grana)
Pros: fish in a Safe Zone
Cons: popular fishing spot due to safety
Relics: average of 20 per night for veteran fishers
Detailed Tooth Fairy Cabin Map: posted in Discord
Ancient Relic Crystal Shard Farming
Ancient Relic Crystal Shard is dropped by mobs in Calpheon territory.
Low AP Farming Locations:
(Level 42 to 51)
- Saunil Camp/Battlefield: Saunils (Level 42-45)
- Gehaku Plain/Primal Giant Post: Giants (Level 44-45)
- Mansha Forest: Manshas (Level 44-50)
- Lake Kaia: Catfish (Level 45-50)
- Rhutum Outstation: Rhutums (Level 47-50)
- Treant Forest (Level 47-50)
- Hexe Sanctuary (Level 48-51)
- Abandoned Monastery (Level 48-51)
Marie Cave: Traitor’s Gravestones
Spawn undead mobs by attacking Traitor’s Gravestones.
Location: Marie Cave node. SE of Calpheon City. East of Behr.
Thank you to somethinglovely.net for the map below. View Marie Cave node location there.
Recommended AP of 160+
Recommended DP 280+
The mobs here can really hit hard. Bring lots of HP pots! With the recommended DP, you will need them.
Green Orc Skeleton Warrior
- Attack a “Traitor’s Gravestone” to attract “Grudge-Bearing” enemies
- Enemies will spawn and try to destroy the Traitor’s Gravestone
- If they destroy the gravestone, you will have to wait for the tombstone to respawn or travel to the next Traitor’s Gravestone.
- You can rotate between 5 Traitor’s Gravestones.
- A new elite Green Orc Skeleton Warrior will respawn every time one is defeated.
- There is never a resting period, when nothing spawns, unless the tombstone is destroyed.
Best Relic Farming Location
Ancient Relic Shard Bosses
Relic Scrolls summon 3 bosses, using two different methods.
Use a Device for increased speed and difficulty or use the traditional method of right clicking the scroll. Learn more in our Relic Groups guide.
Saunil Siege Captain
Relic Scroll Loot
- Hunter’s Seals (exchange for Black Stone (Armor/Weapon), Grade 3 Reform Stone, or Hard/Sharp Black Crystal Shards)
- 18,000 – 33,000 silver
- random amount of regional loot to exchange for gold bars (20-30 pieces)
- Rough Ruby – used to make Ruby furniture items and jewelry
- 50% chance of a Memory Fragment if leeching a party member’s boss.
Example Relic Scroll Loot