What is Energy?
Energy is a form of currency in the game. You can exchange or use it for resources in BDO, which can then be sold on the marketplace for silver. Used this way, Energy helps you gain money, so that you can buy better gear to strengthen your character. But BDO Energy has many other uses. Energy is more precious than silver because it’s limited and takes time to recover.
Popular Uses For Energy:
- Combat Exp Buff: +20% costing 50 Energy with Black Spirit.
- Life Skills: Gathering, Farming, and Hunting.
- NPCs: Knowledge, Amity, and Quest answers.
- Node Investment: Item Drop Rate of up to +10%.
- Hiring Workers: 5 Energy per worker attempt.
BDO Energy Cap:
The current Energy Cap is 658. Periodically, new content is added that increases the maximum energy you can obtain.
Each character has their own Energy Level seen above their HP Bar.
BDO Energy FAQ
Question: How much energy does a t20 node take?
Answer: A t20 node takes a total of 20,700 energy.
Question: Is Energy Shared?
Answer: Energy is NOT shared. Each alt character recovers and stores energy separately.
Question: How can I get more energy in BDO?
Answer: Obtain more max energy by completing Knowledge (H) topics. Restore energy with items that have “Energy Recovery” buff.
Energy Regen & Recovery
Energy is gleefully spent! But what then? Do we have to wait… and wait… for energy recovery?
Energy Regen Rates:
- Offline: 1 energy is recovered every hour when you are logged out of the game.
- Online: 1 energy is recovered every 3 minutes when you are logged into the game. That’s 20 energy every hour. (Increase this with Energy Recovery items.)
Energy recovery is important for many of us! But don’t loose heart! Lets uncover some helpful energy regeneration tips.
Alt Army for Energy Regen
A larger family means a larger energy pool to work with. All alt characters have the same maximum energy as your main character. When they are logged off, they get an Energy Recovery rate of 1 energy every hour. So get busy filling up all your empty character slots ASAP!
|1 per 3 minutes||logged in|
|3 per 3 minutes||use cash shop bed + logged in|
|2 per 3 minutes||use normal bed + logged in|
|1 per hour 🙁||logged out|
Stay Logged In!
Black Desert Online really likes to keep people logged in so that their maniacal and evil plans unfold… *blinks* Where were we? Oh yes. If you stay logged in, then you don’t get a massive 2000% Energy Recovery penalty of massive proportions. So mean!
BDO Energy Item List
- Amity/Quest/Crafted Beds: +1
- Pearl Shop Beds: +2
- Artifact Combo:
- Yawning Hedgehog +1
- Refreshing Dream +2
- Kamasylve’s Blessing: +2
- Villa Buff – Turning Gates: +1
- GMs Blessing: +1
- Red Battlefield Daily Quest: 200 Energy
- Energy Potions: 10/20/30/50 Energy every 10 minutes
- Duvencrune Hotsprings: +1
- Event Items: +1
- Offline: +1/hour
Artifact Combos for Energy
|Lightstone Combo||Lightstones + Combo Effect|
Gathering Item Drop Rate +10%
Gathering EXP +13%
Gathering Mastery +25
Gathering Speed Level +1
Energy Recovery +1
Luck Level +1
Energy Recovery +2
Gathering EXP +3%
Hunting EXP +3%
Farming EXP +3%
Energy Potions restore 10 to 50 energy. They are usually obtained with silver, Loyalties, and Pearls.
- Event Energy Tonic: Login Rewards, Event boxes like GM’s Lucky Box
- Energy Potion: buy from the marketplace. Make them by exchanging energy to an energy NPC like Alustin in Velia.
- Energy Potion (Small) → 50 energy cost (recover 10 energy)
- Energy Potion (Medium) → 100 energy cost (recover 20 energy)
- Energy Potion (Large) → 150 energy cost (recover 30 energy)
- Energy Potion (Extra Large) → 200 energy cost (recover 50 energy)
- Pearl Shop Energy Tonic: F3 to purchase unlimited supply in the Cash Shop
- Energy Tonic (S) → 15 Energy costs 20 Pearls
- Energy Tonic (M) → 30 Energy costs 32 Pearls
- Energy Tonic (L) → 50 Energy costs 40 Pearls
Energy Potion Cooldown:
All potions share a 10 minute Cooldown. However, Pearl Shop potions have a seperate 10 minute Cooldown and can be used together with normal potions.
Energy Potion NPC
You can perform “Energy Exchange” at certain NPCs.
For example, Alustin, the alchemist in various cities, will allow you to make Energy Potions by giving him energy in exchange.
Click on the “Exchange” button to dump your energy into a potion. This allows you to store energy for later use during Life Skill events. Or you can earn silver by selling the potions in the marketplace.
Energy Exchange Costs:
Small to Large Energy Potions exchange in a 5 to 1 ratio, meaning you give 5 energy and store 1 energy in the bottle.
The Extra Large bottle has a slightly better ratio. Energy Potion (Extra Large) is the best value if you’re converting your own energy, because it stores 1 energy and costs 4 energy.
|Energy Potion NPC||Location|
Purajin <Material Vendor>
|Velia, Balenos Territory|
|Calpheon City, Calpheon Territory|
|Keplan, Calpheon Territory|
|Port Epheria, Calpheon Territory|
|Alejandro Farm, Serendia Territory|
Celphie <Audrite Holy Priest>
Purchasing Energy Potions with Pearls & Loyalties
You can purchase Energy Potions with Loyalties or Pearls. Obtain 200 Loyalties each day for logging in. Pearls are bought with real dollars. Find an estimate of dollar cost by dividing Pearl cost by 100.
- Energy Tonic (L): 50 Energy
- Costs 500 Loyalties (Limit 2/week)
- Pearls: (buy 10 potions and get 1 free)
- Energy Tonic (S): 15 Energy → costs 20 Pearls
- Energy Tonic (M): 30 Energy → costs 32 Pearls
- Energy Tonic (L): 50 Energy → costs 40 Pearls
Energy Regen with Tent Villa Buff
Villa Turning Gates → +1 Energy Buff
There are six Villas in Valencia Territory that will sell you a buff with +1 Energy.
- KARASHU’S VILLA – E of Altinova location map (Easiest location. No desert.)
- SHAKATU’S VILLA – W of Shakatu City location map
- MUNA’S VILLA – inside Valencia City location map
- KIYAK’S VILLA – NW of Valencia City location map
- MARZANA’S VILLA and TALIA’S VILLA – located just outside Ancado Inner Harbor
TIP: Players that have tents, can purchase buffs at their campsite as long as they have a Villa Invitation or Secret Book of Old Moon.
[VILLA] TURNING GATES (90 MIN.)
Energy Recovery +1
Life EXP +10%
180 minutes costs 900,000 Silver
90 minutes costs 300,000 Silver
Villa Invitations cost 10 million silver and last for 7 days.
+2 Energy with Kamasylve Blessing
Blessing of Kamasylve is usually purchased in the Pearl Shop or with Pearls or Loyalties (F3). You can also try to preorder them on the marketplace or get them as special gifts during events.
- Blessing of Kamasylve (15 Days) → 1250 Pearls (normal price without sales/coupons)
- Blessing of Kamasylve (1 Day) → 2000 Loyalties (10 days of login rewards) Limit 1/week
Energy Recovery +2
Item Drop Rate +20%
Central Market Warehouse Capacity +4,000 VT
Transaction Maid Volume Limit +100 VT
Storage Transport Weight Limit +1,500 LT
+200 Energy from Red Battlefield
The quest for Red Battlefield can be completed once a day.
Quest Objective: Obtain 5x Battlefield Token from completing a Red Battlefield.
- To join Red Battlefield press Esc > War (F7) > Red Battlefield (1)
- You can join in the first 10 minutes of Red Battlefield.
|Win or Lose||RBF Reward|
|Victory Reward||Battlefield Token x5
|Defeat Reward||Battlefield Token x2
|Battlefield Quest||Quest Rewards|
|Battle It Out at the Red Battlefield!
Not a Season Character
| 300 Contribution Experience
1x Recover 200 Energy
3x Battlefield Token
1x Tears of War
100x Ancient Spirit Dust
Daz <Red Battlefield Quartermaster>
Energy Recovery with Beds
Staying logged in while AFK on a bed is one way to quickly recover more energy.
Pearl Shop beds give 3 times as much Energy Recovery.
When considering a bed purchase, make sure it’s worthwhile to you. Time spent laying AFK in a bed, could have been used AFK processing or fishing, for example. You will loose out on AFK income, so be sure to calculate the profitability.
- Amity Beds: Furniture Dealers in cities often sell beds for 500+ Amity. For example, Lebyos located in Heidel
- Quested Beds: There may be others, but I know of one quest called Settling Down in Heidel.
- “Handcrafted” Beds: Crafted with a worker at Furniture Workshops in various cities like Velia, Heidel, Calpheon, and Altinova. Handcrafted Beds List
All but yellow grade beds have 10 Durability (10 uses) and the same Energy Recovery rate of +1.
Amity Beds from Furniture Dealers:
- Velian Bed → Sealus → 24k silver + 500 Amity
- Heidelian Bed: → Lebyos → 28k silver + 1000 Amity
- Calpheon Bed: → Lylina → 32k silver + 1000 Amity
- Mediahn Bed: → Verosi → 38k silver + 600 Amity
Velian Bed is the best choice because it is cheapest and still offers the same benefits other low grade beds.
Bed List for Energy
TIP: The Amity beds for Calpheon, Heidel, and Velia are fairly easy to obtain. Other location’s Amity is more difficult.
|Calpheon Handcrafted Bed|
|Heidelian Handcrafted Bed|
|Mediahn Handcrafted Bed|
|Valencian Handcrafted Bed|
|Velian Handcrafted Bed|
Max Energy from Titles
1500 titles gives the best buff to maximum energy. This buff is shared with all your characters.
Other Buffs: You also get boosts to Luck, Combat Exp, and Stamina. The max buffs you can gain from Titles is currently +8 Max Energy, +3 Luck, +200 Stamina, and +12% Combat EXP.
- World Titles: World titles are received as you complete quests, events, knowledge, enhancement milestones
- Combat Titles: Kill a certain amount of different monsters.
- Life Titles: Life Skill and crafting milestones.
- Fishing Titles: Catch a certain amount of different fish.
NOTE: You do not need to get only Life Skill Titles to get the Max Energy buff. All titles are added together.
View titles on bdolytics.com
Buffs from Titles
|Titles||Luck||Маx Energy||Combat Exp %||Max Stamina|
View Titles: P → Titles tab
Increase your max energy by 20 when you equip 2 Magic Crystal of Infinity – Energy.
Buy these at the marketplace or craft with an Alchemy Tool (Skilled 1).
Energy Uses in BDO
You can invest energy into a node to increase the drop rate of rare items from bosses and monsters that are associated with that node.
Item Drop Rate from Energy Investment of Nodes:
- Item Drop Rate increases by 0.5% x the investment level.
- Item Drop Rate increases to 5% at Lv.10.
- Item Drop Rate increases to 10% at Lv.20.
|Node Investment Level||Energy/Level||Total Energy|
Black Spirit Energy Combat +20%
Combat Exp: +20%
Skill Exp: +8%
Duration: 30+ minutes
Cost: 50+ Energy
Level Requirement: 50+
Black Spirit (,) → “Exchange”
- You can have the Combat EXP buff and the Skill EXP buff going at the same time for 100 Energy.
Energy Spending List
You can spend energy in many ways.
- Convenient Node Purchase: via the map (requires value pack and contribution points + 10 energy)
- Level 10 Node Investment: up to +10% rare loot obtain chance.
- Farming, Hunting, and Gathering: mining, lumbering, skinning, butchering, plant picking, and blood/sap sucking
- NPC Interactions: Amity Game and other interactions including F5 to greet (3 Energy for 3 Amity) and stealing
- Energy Potions: visit Alustin, the Alchemist, in any of his locations: Alustin in Alejandro Farm (NW of Heidel) or Alustin (Velia location). Also located in Glish, Port Epheria, Keplan, and The Great Library of Calpheon. Exchange a character’s energy for an energy pot that players can sell at the Marketplace or use later.
- Energy Potion (Small) 50 energy cost: (recover 10 energy)
- Energy Potion (Medium) 100 energy cost: (recover 20 energy)
- Energy Potion (Large) 150 energy cost: (recover 30 energy)
- Energy Potion (Extra Large) 200 energy cost: (recover 50 energy)
- Object Interactions (to gain Knowledge, etc)
- Hiring Workers: at Work Supervisors in every major town (5 energy/worker chance)
- World Chat (1 energy)
- Reset Knowledge: 10 energy to Annolisa Rosie in SE Calpheon City library
- Level 50+ Black Spirit Combat/Skill Exp Buff: 50 energy for 20% Combat Exp or 8% Skill Exp (30 min.)
- Trade Bargain: Spend energy to attempt to bargain with a Trade Manager to get a % increase in the price he will pay for your trade goods.
- Locate Another Player: Spend 5 energy and 10k to “Black-Robed Man” in Velia to locate another player. (Must be on the same channel and use character names not family.)
- Winter Tree Fossil: Spend 100 Energy to start a tower defense mini game. View Winter Tree Fossil Guide.
- Night Vendor (Patrigio): Spend 50 Energy to try your luck and possibly obtain boss gear.
Energy Management Tips
Increase Life Skill Levels:
As your Life Skill levels, you will need less energy. This is true for both Gathering and Farming.
Energy Farming with Quest Completions:
Completed quests often reward 2 Energy or more.
Repeatable energy quests include the daily cart quests. Crafting quests often reward energy, but they also require you to spend energy first, unless you purchase the items they require. (Some will not allow this though.)
Energy Conservation during Amity:
The Amity game can cost allot of Energy depending upon which NPC you’re talking to.
- Keep Talking: For Amity games that have proven to be easy wins, press the Keep Talking button to multiply your Amity gain without consuming more Energy. If however, the NPC proves stubborn, then exit after the first round is successful.
- Greet with F5: Amity can be frustrating! When you find yourself failing allot, don’t forget the option to Greet with F5 for 3 Amity (costs 3 energy). As Amity becomes higher and more expensive to even attempt to win, sometimes this is the best option and it relieves allot of head ache for those stubborn and unamicable NPCs!
Complete Knowledge Topics:
Maximum Energy is increased by completing Knowledge topics. View your current Knowledge by pressing H key. The easiest Knowledge to obtain is Character. Most of these just require you to talk with an NPC. Make it a point to visit every NPC that has a ? on the mini map. You can find nearest Knowledge to you easily by using our Knowledge Locator. Use a node map to speak to every Node Manager and visit every city. My favorite is somethinglovely.net.
Energy can be increased by up to 7, for each Knowledge topic you complete. For a more detailed explanation of Knowledge, visit our BDO Knowledge Guide
High-Quality Wine Nerf:
High-Quality Wine was removed in a patch on Jan 22, 2020. Players used to able to purchase High-Quality Wine at a Cook/Innkeeper/Farm Vendor for 200k and turn in to the same NPC or someone nearby. One High-Quality Wine instantly recovered 3 Energy.