BDO Simplified Main Quest is an optional quest line to quickly complete much of the main quest line. It allows us to do this by completing a series of quests in which we must reach specific levels. Levels can be obtained normally or via Fughar’s Timepiece. (Normal leveling is done via grinding or questing with a Chenga Tome.)
Simplified Main Quest Requirements:
- Main Questline: Completed main quest line already on an alternate character
- already completed all of the Mediah main quest line (press O key then Main tab)
- up to “[Pet] Bareeds’ Junaid” from Bareeds III (Suggested quest tab under “[ADV Support] Pets, Loyal Companions”)
- Special Growth Questline:
- Be a Season Character on a Season Server
- complete the quest, “Sage of Velia” (part of the main beginner Balenos questline)
- select “[Crossroad] Simplified” button on the “Select Quest” pop-up window that appears after turning in “Sage of Velia” to Alustin in Velia.
- From Fughar: “[Special Growth] Birth of a Prestigious Family”
- view progress: press O key then Main tab
BDO Simplified Main Quest Benefits
The Simplified Main Quest Line is a great benefit to veteran players who have Season Characters.
- instantly obtain a majority of the Season Pass rewards.
- get all the normal main quest line benefits like Inventory Slots and Skill Points
- completes all of Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah main quests lines
- pick up the main quest line again in Valencia.
- a delight for players who have done the main quest line and want to focus on fighting and learning their new Season Character
Simplified Main Quest Requirements
In order to have the option to accept the Simplified Main Quest, your alternate or main character must have completed the main Mediah quest line already.
Mediah Main Questline Sections
- [Lv. 51 Mediah] Dark Energy that Looms Over Mediah (27 quests)
- Choose 1 Crossroad Questline:
- [I] The Mediahn Royals of the Past (42 quests – Crossroad going to Sarma Anin)
- [II] Rebuilding the Merchant Guild (60 quests – Crossroad going to Neruda Shen)
- Reliving the Darkness (18 quests)
View your progress by pressing O key then Main tab.
Simplified Main Quest Start
The Simplified Main Quest line starts after you enter Velia and have completed the quest, “Sage of Velia” given by Hans, the guard stationed at the road into Velia.
After completing this quest by speaking to Alustin, you will get a pop up window like a Crossroad Quest.
Choose the button that says, “[Crossroad] Simplified.”
Important: If a pop up window does NOT appear at this time, DO NOT go any furthur in the Balenos or Serendia questlines and open a support ticket!!!! (My friend found this out the hard way.)
NOTE: This skips (and completes) Balenos, Serendia, Calpheon, and Mediah main quests lines! Don’t choose this if you like to quest!
You will NOT be able to pickup up at a later time Serendia, Calpheon, or Mediah main questlines if you accept the simplified questline!
If you have already completed the Balenos Main Questline and finished ”The Mouth and Hand of the Alchemist” quest, you CAN’T accept the Simplified questline.
If this has happened to you, you can delete your Season Character and start over to obtain the Simplified Main Questline option. (Support can’t undo quests you’ve already done.)
Simplified Main Quest Line Rewards
Here is a detailed list of the rewards for each level obtained.
Optional Main Quest Line Gear
Your old main quest line gear can be transfered to your Season Character.
It can be worn immediately by a level 1 Season Character, if you have already done the main quest on a different character.
Main Quest Line Weapons:
You can use these weapons, if you have an old box for them in storage, but the chances of that are slim, since they reworked the quest to give the weapons insead of boxes.
NOTE: you will not be able to use an Awakening Box, if the class Awakening hasn’t been released yet.
Support Response from GM:
Please kindly note that the Simplified Questline will be available to any Adventurers that have completed the quest: [Pet] Bareeds’ Junaid and the entire Mediah main questline — the last quest of the Mediah quest chain should be Apocalyptic Prophecy, which both of the quests could be accepted at the NPC Bareeds lll.
The Season characters, who are eligible for the Simplified Questline, will be able to talk to the NPC Fughar upon reaching Valencia through the main questline. After having completed the quest: The Sage of Velia, the adventurers will be given a choice (there should be a pop-up window) between continuing their journey through the Normal Questline or the Simplified Questline. Please keep in mind that the Simplified Questline will start with the quest: [Special Growth] Birth of Prestigious Family.
And to accept this simplified quest, adventurers must not have accepted/completed the quest: The Mouth and Hand of the Alchemist and/or Embarking on an Adventure, which are a part of Balenos questline.
Copied Q&A from Pearl Abyss:
Can I go back to the normal main questline by forfeiting the simplified questline?
If your character has accepted and completed the first simplified quest, [Season] Birth of Prestigious Family, you will not be able to return to the original main questline even if you forfeit the simplified main questline. However, if you have only accepted the quest, [Season] Birth of Prestigious Family, and haven’t completed it yet, you can forfeit this quest to return to the original main questline.
On the other hand, if you’ve already completed [Season] Birth of Prestigious Family but no longer wish to progress through the simplified main questline, you will need to create a new season character to progress through the original main questline. If you do plan on deleting your season character, be aware that your season character’s items will also be deleted!
Official Patch Notes Copy:
Changed the following when doing the simplified quests in the Summer Season Server.
– Changed the simplified quest from ‘acceptable once per family’ to accepted by any season character. This was changed after Adventurers gave us their feedback about wanting to do the simplified quests again after deleting or transferring a season character.
– Changed the Valencia main questline prerequisite from ‘[Special Growth] Fughar’s Memorandum – Chapter 11’ to ‘[Special Growth] Fughar’s Memorandum – Chapter 8.’ This quest can be accepted once the character reaches Lv. 56.
– Changed the way the simplified questline begins. Instead of using ‘Fughar’s Memorandum,’ you will now talk to the Black Spirit (,) to accept and complete these quests. As a result, the ‘Fughar’s Memorandum’ items have been removed.
– Added more objectives to complete the simplified questline. Now you will need to talk to Black Spirit Black Spirit (,) after reaching a certain level to complete the quest. By talking to Black Spirit (,), you will be able to fulfill certain main questline progression depending on how far you have completed the simplified questline as well as complete the related Season Pass objectives.
– Fixed the issue where the objectives on the Season Pass were not achieved when completing the simplified questline. Adventurers can now talk to Black Spirit (,) to complete the objectives on the Season Pass. This will also allow Adventurers to accept the questlines ‘Legendary Blacksmith’ and ‘Mysterious Companion.’
– Increased the amount of Beginner Black Stone (Weapon/Armor) given as rewards for completing the simplified questline by double. This also applies to Adventurers that have already completed the simplified questlines.
– Fixed the issue where certain social actions could not be obtained when progressing through the simplified questline.