BDO Season+ has officially begun! During this event, you can create a Season Character to gain special leveling and character growth aids not available on normal servers.
Season Characters are the only type of characters that can enter Season Servers.
Season Server Benefits:
- Season Server Buffs: Combat EXP +100% and Combat Skill EXP +20%
- Fughar’s Timepiece: obtain 2 characters by leveling 1
- Tuvala Gear
- Plentiful enhancement items for Tuvala Gear
- Higher enhancement chances
- Notable Season Rewards:
Season Server Restrictions:
- Season Server is temporary, usually lasting 2.5 months.
- At the end of Season Servers, players graduate, converting their Season Gear to family bound gear.
- Graduated Season Characters can no longer enter Season Servers.
- Season Servers can be crowded, especially in the first few weeks.
- Flagging for PVP is not allowed. However, there is 1 Season PVP server with a +50% drop rate.
Season Character Restrictions:
Currently, Season+ (Season 5) is now active.
You have a limited time to level your Season Character to 61.
You can stay a Season Character beyond 61, but you would only be able to play with gear limited to Season Characters.
Season start to end is approximately 2.5 months.
BDO Season+ Start
Sep 15, 2021 after maintenance –>
BDO Season+ End
Dec 1, 2021 before maintenance
BDO Season Character vs Normal
A Season Character is just like a normal character except for a few key differences.
- Season Characters can enter both Season and normal servers.
- Season Characters are restricted to wearing Naru, Tuvala, Asula, and main quest line gear.
- In order to obtain Season drops, you will need to enter a Season Server with a Season Character.
- Season Characters can’t flag for PVP, but can enter a Season PVP Server with a +50% drop rate.
- Season Characters can’t obtain a T9 Dream Horse from the Stable Keeper.
- Season Characters frequently get leveling buffs and free items, but can otherwise level, fight, loot, and play normally.
Season Character Creation
Your first step after choosing a Season Server is to create a Season Character.
You must have one open character slot. (Character Slot Expansion Coupon = 10k Loyalties or 600 Pearls)
Click the button to make a new character. It will say something similar to “Season Character Now Available!”
Next you will be able to customize the appearance of your character.
When you’re finished, make sure you do the following:
- select the option “Season Character”
- click “Create Season Character”
Is Season Character Worth It?
In my opinion, yes. Even if you are a fully geared veteran, playing a Season Character gives you advantages besides good gear, items, and faster levels.
- Experience new content, usually alongside discovering a new class.
- Optionally choose a Season PVP Server (+50% drops) knowing no one is packing full PEN boss gear. 🙂
- Great way to inexpensively gear up Alts to camp boss spawn spots.
- Obtain enhancement items that you can use on normal gear later
- Exchange Season enhancement stones for +40 fail stacks
- other Season Server only drops to exchange for goodies (see details below)
Season Character Gear
Season Characters can only equip Naru, Tuvala, Asula Accessories, and gear from quests.
For players, who have already done the main story line, on a different character, you can wear any of your old quest gear.
Season Character Tip for Veterans
You can skip the main quest line, if you have already completed it once before.
Required Quest: “[Special Growth] Birth of a Prestigious Family”
Pick this quest up from a Crossroads Quest window.
For more details, and other veteran tips, please view our Simplified Main Quest guide.
Season Server Benefits
Lets look at the benefits from playing a Season Character.
IMHO this is a powerful Season Reward!
It’s like leveling 2 characters at the same time.
Fughar’s Timepiece transfers your Season Character’s status, Combat/Skill EXP, and Tuvala Gear.
Your orginal Season Character gets to keep their levels and Combat/Skill EXP.
Read the details in our Fughar’s Timepiece Guide.
Special Season Reward (Special Gift)
Exchange to Fughar your ‘Season Special Gift Exchange Coupon,’ which you’ll get when graduation becomes available.
Limited to 1 gift per Season per family.
Choose one of the following:
|Special Gift Stats||Special Gift
~ Ring ~ AP: 17
~ Earring ~ AP: 13
PEN (V) Capotia Earrings
Press (U) to get 5 min buff:
Damage from Monsters -5%
Weight Limit +80LT
PEN (V) Capotia Belt
PEN (V) Capotia Necklace
These are family bound, so you can transfer to an Alt.
Capotia Necklace gives the best AP and Accuracy.
Season Graduation Memories Box
Gift Box Full of Memories has been given at Season Graduation.
Last Season’s Notable Rewards:
- [Season] Boss Gear Exchange Coupon
- Exchange a PEN Tuvala for a TET boss gear
- Tuvala Gear Exchange
- Cron Stones x100
- Advice of Valks (+60)
- Secret Book of Old Moon
Early Graduation begins September 29, 2021. (Has been pushed back)
Season Challenge Rewards
These are rewards you obtain for reaching specific levels on your Season Character.
Top Tier Rewards:
PEN (V) Tuvala Ring (level 60)
PEN (V) Tuvala Earring (level 61)
Character Name Transfer Coupon x1 (Level 60)
Season+ Box x1 (Level 61) —>
- Fruit of Labor x1 (exchange to Basquean Ljurik for Gold Bar 1,000G)
- [Event] Supreme Old Moon Scroll x2
- Advice of Valks (+60) x1
- Cron Stone x100
|Level||Season Challenge Reward|
Traveler’s Map x1
Celestial Horse Calling Horn (15 Days) x1
|40||Sealed Book of Combat (1 Day) x1
[Event] Juice Gift Set x1
Inventory +4 Expansion Coupon
|50||Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x3
Blessed Message Scroll (100 min) x3
[Event] Elion’s Tear x5
|56||Time-filled Black Stone x50
[Event] Juice Gift Set x1
Blessed Message Scroll (100 min) x5
[Event] Lv. 57 Travel Kit x1
|57||Time-filled Black Stone x150
Valks’ Cry x10
Destruction Spirit Stone x1
Advice of Valks (+20) x2
[Event] Arisan’s Memory x5
|58||Time-filled Black Stone x200
Cron Stone x50
Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x5
Advice of Valks (+25) x2
Advice of Valks (+30) x2
|59||Gold Bar 1,000G x1
[Event] Item Brand Spell Stone x1
Crystal Extraction Tool x1
Book of Training – Combat (10 Hours) x1
Book of Training – Skill (10 Hours) x1
Event Travel Kit
Challenge Reward for attaining level 56.
|Lv||[Event] Travel Kit|
Gold Bar 100G x1
Black Stone (Weapon) x30
Black Stone (Armor) x30
Memory Fragment x2
[Event] Elion’s Tear x3
Gold Bar 100G x1
[Event] Splat Fisher’s Clothes Set (7 Days) x1
[Event] Item Collection Increase Scroll (60 min) x5
Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Weapon) x2
Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Armor) x2
Advice of Valks (+20) x1
Gold Bar 100G x1
[Event] Blessing of Kamasylve (7 Days) x1
Book of Training – Combat (3 Hours) x3
Book of Training – Skill (3 Hours) x3
Advice of Valks (+30) x1
Gold Bar 100G x1
[Event] Shakatu’s Luxury Box x1
Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Weapon) x5
Concentrated Magical Black Stone (Armor) x5
Artisan’s Memory x10
Advice of Valks (25-35) x1
Season Pass Rewards
Season Pass is a series of goals that reward Season Characters with goodies.
Rewards must be collected in consecutive order, but most can be completed out of order ahead of time. (You just can’t collect right away.)
Sunset Maple Leaf
My Favorite Pick:
- 3 Weapon Exchange Coupon (9,000 Pearls)
- Choose Your Pet Box:
- Flondor Duck (900 Pearls)
- Shaggy Dog (900 Pearls)
- Phoniel Squirrel (900 Pearls)
- Otter (Premium pet – 1100 Pearls)
- Lost Penguin (Rare pet – 1100 Pearls?)
- Fluffy (900 Pearls)
Season Adventure Box
[Season] New Adventure Box is obtained as a Season Pass reward for reaching level 10. It’s the first of many Leveling Aid Boxes that help Season Characters gain levels and better gear. In total, you will obtain 20 boxes as rewards for leveling to 61.
All boxes give an instant buff the moment you open them.
Leveling Aid Buff:
- +100% to 300% Combat XP
- +50% Skill XP
- Casting/Attack/Movement Speed +3
Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate
Complete the entire Season Pass, and you will obtain 15 Crow Certificates. (30 with a Pearl Shop purchase)
These allow you to complete daily quests from Fughar.
1 Certificate = 1 Chest and other goodies
Read more in Crow Merchants Guild Contribution Certificate.
Season Loot Exchange
- 40 = Valks’ Cry x1
- 30 = Advice of Valks (+10)
- 100 = Advice of Valks (+20)
- 200 = Advice of Valks (+30)
- 500 = Advice of Valks (+40)
Note that these items that increase Enhancement Chance can also be used to enhance normal gear.
Season Gear Enhancement Items:
- 10 = Tuvala Ore x1
- 30 = Refined Magical Black Stone x1
Afuaru is a rare spawn while defeating mobs. Chase him down and kill him for loot.
On Season Server, Afuaru spawns like on normal servers, but drops Season goodies.
Enhancements for Tuvala Gear:
- Refined Magical Black Stones
- Tuvala Ores
- rarely Frozen Tides Black Stone (free TET (IV) to PEN (V) enhancement for Tuvala gear.)
- spawns in normal monster zones and those grinding spots recommended for parties of 3 on Season Server
|[Skittish] Afuaru Zones|
|Desert Naga Temple
Roud Sulfur Mine
Pila Ku Jail
Blood Wolf Settlement
|Sherekhan Necropolis (Day)
Sherekhan Necropolis (Night)
Gahaz Bandit’s Lair
Sycraia Underwater Ruins (Upper)
Marie Cave (Traitor’s Graveyard)
Season Party of 3 Zones:
The following grinding spots were converted to 3 party difficulty on Season Server:
- Waragon’s Nest
- Basilisk Den
- Shultz Guard
Afuaru will drop loot for up to 3 Adventurers.
Rift’s Echo is a rare item that spawns a boss event, in which 4 different bosses spawn in consecutive order on Season Server.
Lucky players may get a rare boss spawn.
Each boss defeated rewards enhancement items for Tuvala Gear.
- Average Loot per Normal Boss:
Season Grinding Spots
Grinding spots on Season Servers are identical to normal servers, with a few important differences.
Season Grinding Spots:
- drop Tuvala Enhancement materials
- spawn a special Afuaru that gives enhancement mats
- earn 100% Combat EXP and 20% more Skill EXP
- can enjoy the hunt without concern of PVP. (unless you enter a special PVP Season Server)
- crowded grinding spots, especially at the start of Season
During the Season, 3 zones are converted to “Party Monster Zones.” (Normal and season servers.)
|Monster Zone||Recommended Equipment|
|Waragon Nest||PRI (I) – DUO (II) Grade Tuvala Gear|
|Basilisk Den||DUO (II) – TRI (III) Grade Tuvala Gear|
|Shultz Guard||TRI (III) – TET (IV) Grade Tuvala Gear|
Season Rift’s Roots
Rift’s Roots is an item drop that occurs while defeating monsters on Season Servers.
Exchange to Fughar:
Rift’s Roots x10 = Time Filled Black Stone Bundle
Rift’s Roots x20 = Tuvala Ore Bundle
Rift’s Roots x20 = Refined Magical Black Stone Bundle
Rift’s Roots x5 = [Event] High-Quality Draught Box
Rift’s Roots x10 = Valks’ Cry
Rift’s Roots x15 = Premium Elixir Box
Rift’s Roots x20 = Advice of Valks (+20)
Rift’s Roots x25 = Combat & Skill EXP 300% Scroll
Rift’s Roots x30 = [Event] Item Collection Increase Scroll
Rift’s Roots x100 = Advice of Valks (+40)
Rift’s Roots x150 = Advice of Valks (+50)
Valencia, Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and O’dyllita
Quests: “[Co-op][Weekly] Vestige of the Rifts Bestowed by Vaha” and “[Co-op] [Weekly] Vestige of the Rifts Bestowed by Syca”
Start NPC: Fughar
Chest Reward: Atoraxxion: Rift Chest
|Atoraxxion Reward (Season)
|[Season] Rift’s Roots||5|
|Advice of Valks (+20)||2|
|Advice of Valks (+30)||1|
|Frozen Tides Black Stone||0-1|
|Refined Magical Black Stone||30|
|Time-filled Black Stone||200|
|Tuvala Belt up to TRI||0-1|
|Tuvala Earring up to TRI||0-1|
|Tuvala Necklace up to TRI||0-1|
|Tuvala Ring up to TRI||0-1|
Also obtain Atoraxxion: Rift Chest x1 via a Challenge reward.
|[Season] On the Lucretia Dagger!||Defeat Apex Urukios of Atoraxxion: Vahmalkea
Learn “On the Lucretia Dagger” knowledge
Season Atoraxxion Requirements:
- Level 60+
- “Invitation from I” Black Spirit main questline
- Completed Succession or Awakening questline
- Accepted main quest, “[5-person Co-op] The Last Stronghold, Atoraxxion”
Season Ancient Weapon Event
Kill a certain amount of mobs and there is a chance an Ancient Weapon Invasion Event may start.
- Spawn Locations: Mediah and Valencia monster zones
- A warning message will appear and Ancient Weapons will spawn after 5 minutes
- The more adventurers there are nearby, the more will spawn.
- Expect an event boss to spawn.
A large red circle in the sky with Ancient Weapons spawning below.
Possible Event Rewards:
|Time-filled Black Stone
Refined Magical Black Stone
Sharp Spirit Stone of Destruction
Sharp Spirit Stone of Protection
Tuvala Accessory up to DUO
|Enchanted Scroll (+20)
Enchanted Scroll (+30)
Enchanted Scroll (+40)
Gold Bar 1G
Gold Bar 10G
Gold Bar 100G
Soiled Ogre Ring
With Loot Scroll:
300 Time-filled Black Stone
120 Tuvala Ore
110 Refined Magical Black Stones
There are many helpful quests for Season Characters. Here is a summary of a few:
Season Quests from Main Questline:
Speak to Black Spirit after completing Valencia, Kamasylvia, Drieghan, and O’dyllita.
Reward: Tuvala enhancing materials
Tuvala Enhancement Quests:
- TRI (III) —> Advice of Valks (+40)
- TET (IV) —> Advice of Valks (+60)
Season with New Class
Season is frequently released with a new class. (Season 4 released with Corsair.)
Get levels with the new class to obtain rewards.
Corsair’s Notable Rewards:
- 2,500 Loyalties
- 380 million silver in gold bars
- +60 and lower Failstacks
- +4 Inventory
- 100 Crons
- Travel Kit (see details below)